Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LoadRunner 12.60 community edition license

Jump to solution

Hi,

Completely new in the LR area, so bear with me if this is general knowledge (can't find anything tho...)

Have just set it up for testing and learning purposes. However, the server we're testing on is not on the internet and trying to run the License Utility -> Sign up for free License just crashes the manager. Going over the docs I find this:

• Community license: Customers who have a valid license for LoadRunner can obtain a LoadRunner 12.60 Community license without registration. This option is exclusively for a scenario where a LoadRunner Controller machine has no access to the internet. To obtain the license, contact the customer support team.

Trying to get in contact with the "customer support team" seems nigh impossible however (I'm on my third person in the chat now...)

So, how does one go about to get the community license when the computer running the manager has no internet connection?

TIA,
Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

There are a few licensing models
1. Community/Trial: can be evaluated on machines that have internet connection
2. Term license. You can use the software bundles purchased until an expiration date. The bundles are around the technologies that allow simulating workload on various types of applications
3. Pay per use license. You buy a quota and consume it at your own pace.
4. Paid service via AWS. You buy the service whenever you need. There are 3 offerings: 150 Vusers, 1000 Vusers, 5000 Vusers.

I hope you do find a machine with internet connection. If you have any question during the evaluation raise questions in this community. Also, check LoadRunner online documentation.

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

35 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Daniel,

Do you have a support contract? If so, please use your Micro Focus passport ID, submit a support ticket referring to the section in documentation. Let me know if you faced any issue (after the ticket was submitted).

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the answer.

No, we mainly wanted to check if the software is what we are looking for by means of the community edition. We didn't get very far before running into needing the license however. So no support contract.. Just out of curiosity, is that a paid for service?

Regards,
Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

There are a few licensing models
1. Community/Trial: can be evaluated on machines that have internet connection
2. Term license. You can use the software bundles purchased until an expiration date. The bundles are around the technologies that allow simulating workload on various types of applications
3. Pay per use license. You buy a quota and consume it at your own pace.
4. Paid service via AWS. You buy the service whenever you need. There are 3 offerings: 150 Vusers, 1000 Vusers, 5000 Vusers.

I hope you do find a machine with internet connection. If you have any question during the evaluation raise questions in this community. Also, check LoadRunner online documentation.

Regards,
Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI,

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on, but going from what you wrote it does look like this is where it ends this time. If we can't test on the particular system, the whole thing goes through and will have to be postponed ie. LoadRunner goes to the end of the list.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I am not sure what you mean by LoadRunner cannot test an internal system. LoadRunner can test on premise applications and cloud based ones. To acquire the community license specifically you need access to the internet. After you acquire it, no internet connection is needed.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I wish you all the best 🙂

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

The "problem" is that the machine where the software is installed has no connection to the internet and hence can't get the community license activated. 

I have asked to have it given access but it will take time (big company, takes time) so to not have downtime we'll work down the list and come back when/if access is sorted.

Regards,
Daniel

PS. Nice to know that access is only needed during activation, thanks 😃

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

I just downloaded LoadRunner 12.60 community edition and installed on a machine with full internet access. I signed up after installation completion to receive the license but I have not received the community edition license yet. Could you please advise any alternative options to get the community edtion license?

Many thanks,

Issa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you fill the details in this dialog?

LR_CommunityLicense_SignUp.png

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

Yes, I did fill this and got a successful screen message saying " check your email for the code" but I have not received the license code. 

Regards,

Issa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I will try to involve our license component team to help troubleshoot.

I assume one of the following options for now
1. Check the Junk mail to ensure it was not routed there
2. Maybe the email address used is not permitted by our license server. (Please do not share your email address here for privacy reasons)
3. Maybe you already registered using these details and a second time is not allowed

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Yes, I am already a registered user and I used my registered email. What is the alternative?

Should use another email account or wait for  your license team?

Many thanks,

Issa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.