Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

LoadRunner 12 / Load Generator Unix/Linux

I have installed HPELR_1255_Community_Edition

and i want to install load generator on linux environment 

i have read the guide and i am lost with step 4 that says 

Change directory to /<installation root directory>/InstData/Linux/VM. The <installation
root directory> is any path that contains the Web_Installers folder, for example /tmp/Web_
Installers. Copy the installation folder to this location

where i should change directory ? and how ? 

there is no linux folder in my HPELR directory ? 

can you explain this step more and make it clear 

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 12 / Load Generator Unix/Linux

Hi,

You need to change current directory in order to reach to the folder under which the installation files are located.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Community_Edition is LR full window installer package.  If you want to install load generator on Linux. You need Load generator Linux installer package.  LoadRunner 12.55 Dockerized Load Generator available for use at Docker Hub.

If you still need more help on intalling load generator on linux environment, feel free to post your probelme here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

We will consider including the Linux LG in the next time we publish the community edition

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.