Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 12 / Load Generator Unix/Linux

Hello,

As part of a LoadRunner trial (I recently downloaded LoadRunner 12 trial version), I'm trying to use a Linux server as a load generator.

The install documentation says:

- Change directory to /<installation root directory>/InstData/Linux/VM.

- Launch the setup wizard by typing: source ./installer.sh.

However:

- path InstData/Linux/VM does not exist in the LR 12 Trial installer

- there's no "./installer.sh" file to execute in the install folders I downloaded,

- when I click on "Load Generator" in the main install menu, nothing happens (while LR full install works fine)

The question is: is it possible to set up a Unix/Linux Load Generator with the trial version of LoadRunner 12?

If yes, could you please let me know how to do this?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Alexis

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LoadRunner 12 / Load Generator Unix/Linux

Hi Alexis,

With the Community Edition (trial version) of LoadRunner 12 you can make only full LoadRunner 12 insallation.

Kind regards,

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

So are you saying that LR 12 CE does not work on Linux?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Bumping this post.  It doesn't look like there was full resolution on the question and I am facing a similar issue.

I have performed a full install of LoadRunner 12 on my Windows 7 host.  I do not see the Linux/VM folder referenced in documentation published by HP.

https://saas.hp.com/sites/default/files/resources/files/LoadRunner%2012.00_Install_Guide.pdf

Specifically, I do not find a folder named, on page 26:

/<installation root directory>/InstData/Linux/VM

Which I assume, though the documentation is not specific, that this means:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\LoadRunner\InstData\Linux\VM

It could be that I am not finding those files because I am using a trial/evaluation download.  I am not certain if that is the case.  If the Linux Load Generator is only present in the FULL download, what is the source of this

package?

Note: I am a licensed enterprise user of LoadRunner 12.

Thanks, Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I am also facing the same issue.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Brian & GVR,

Can you please share the location from which you downloaded the package?

I would like to check this and if thers is a problem in the package.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Lior,

I was looking for web_installers folder in HP_LoadRunner_12.02_English_T7177-15051.zip folder.  This is full installation folder.  Correct me if am looking at the wrong place.

Thanks

GVR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi GVR,

There should be a "Standalone installations" folder and in it there should be the "Linux" folder.

if you could also share the actual web page link from where you downloaded the community edition, I can check if there is something missing from there. 

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Lior,

I installed LR12.5 community edition in from https://www.microfocus.com/download/loadrunner.  I also downloaded ' LoadRunner 12.50 Community Edition Software Downloads' from the same link and installed it in my pc.  After installation, it is showing only the following exe files in the C:\HP LoadRunner 12.50 Community Edition\DVD\Standalone Applications folder and I do not see Linux folder in it.

SetupLoadGenerator.exe, SetupMIListener.exe, SetupMoFW.exe, SetupTruClient.exe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Lior,

I have just found linux folder outside standard applications folder.  Its path is C:\HP LoadRunner 12.50 Community Edition\DVD\Linux.  I will copy this whole folder to a linux box and follow the steps mentioned in the installation guide.

Thanks very much for your help.  

GVR

Highlighted
New Member.

I am able to install the load generator successfully by following the instructions mentioned in 'Installing Load Generator on Linnux' section in the LR installationg guide.  

I have one question related to 'increase process entries' section.  How many process entries are recommended for the tests wth 4000vusers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

This information is not correct, When you download the installation files, it doesnt have the linux version.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.