Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LoadRunner TruClient and KnockOut.js or Angular.

We have started to see app from our developers that we can't even get basic scenarios with 10 vUsers running on an LG. When are getting 80% CPU warnings all over. We log into the LG and run TaskManager to see what is happening and see the TruClient instances are running from 0 to ~ 20% CPU capacity.  Talking with the developers, they are using Knockout.js or Angular in developing these applications. These both appear to be very heavy on client side processing.

Has anyone encountered these technolgies while using TruClient? Does anyone have any ideas on performance specs for LGs for appa that use them?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner TruClient and KnockOut.js or Angular.

When you use microsoft IE browser, how much CPU is consumed if you run the same business process?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Running the same script manually in IE shows similar performance. I have run a test on where I ran one script via LoadRunner and then walked through the same script manually in IE and watched both in TaskManager and did not see a noticable difference in performance, ie I saw spikes as high as 17% CPU usage both ways and most pages loades were 12-16%.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TruClient IE browser actually uses Microsoft IE engine. If Microsoft IE consumes high CPU, so does TruClient IE browser. 

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please let me know if knockoutjs is used for front end, should the application be recorded only in http truclient or it can also be recorded in web-http/html protocol as well? 

Should the vugen be running in admin mode to record the application in truclient? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.