Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

LoadRunner Web Protocol with insertion of Java Code

Hi,

I have come across the challenge in adding Java Code to generate client side dynamic value to the Web Protocol script. I know any java script can be added by using "Add File to each script" option and also we can use Javascript language as well.

But, i'm not sure whether the Java Code snippet can be exactly used in Web Protocol. I have seen this options in RPT Tool and even JMeter as well.

To Add Java Code, is it like converting Web Protocol script to Java Vuser script is the only way in LoadRunner? If so, license constrains always exist because of this one option, we might need to purchace the License bundle.

Please do suggest if there is any option available apart from the above mentioend options.

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LoadRunner Web Protocol with insertion of Java Code

Hello,

To my best of knowledge, LoadRunner is executing C as a script (interpreted) and not pre-compiled.
Javascript is not compiled natively, thus can be executed and modified as you wish.
For Java, scripts must be compiled and then executed using a JVM.

LoadRunner is not using a JVM for protocols that do not require JVM for performance optimizations.

If you must use Java to code to create the dynamic value, you are limited to Java protocols.
If you can use C or JavaScript that might be an option.

Thank you,
Gil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.