Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

LoadRunner & Performance Center 12.57 was released

I am glad to announce LoadRunner and Performance Center 12.57 was released.

Please read the blog post to learn all about it: LoadRunner and Performance Center 12.57: Putting quality at the heart of the user experience

Enjoy.

Shlomi Nissim

Performance Center & LoadRunner R&D Manager

16 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner & Performance Center 12.57 was released

Thats a great new!!

Is LR 12.57 available for download? Can we directly upgrade to LR 12.57 from LR 12.55 or do we need to do any pre-req? Is this stable version or do we expect patche or 12.58 in near future?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You can download LoadRunner 12.57 from Micro Focus support site. You need an active support contract for that.

This is a stable version and no patch is expected on top of it.

The next version planned after 12.57 is 12.60. 12.60 will be made available also in community edition. 

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Dear Shlomi,

I need few details from you, Our Organization is using Loadrunner Controller 12.55 Version. We are planning to move to Performance Center. Please let me know the steps and details for the varience in the product price.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Veera Palla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Veera,

Please send me a private message in the community and we will follow-up from there. 
I will try to connect you with field personnel who are handling this type of things. I am less familiar with the administrative steps. I am familair with the technical part.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hello Shlomi,

I downloaded .exe from microfocus support site with active support contract id. I was able to download  below .exe file

LR_03715.exe"

when i installed the s/w, i see vugen is upgraded to 12.57, but Controller and Analysis version still shows 12.55.  Is this expected or did download the wrong file? Can you advise further?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Snik,

I believe your installation was properly updated. The version for some of the components was not updated in the registry, it is not specific to your instance. We already ensured that future patches will reflect the version change across all components.

If you wish to be 100% assured you are using the right version please share the version details of wlrun.exe and AnalysisUI.exe and I will let you know if you have the right version installed.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi

As per Snik's comments about the versions being inconsistent in controller/injectors.

Would this cause a message in the controller output (not an error) like 

The script scriptname is from LoadRunner version <12.56.0.985>. This does not match the load generator <lghostname> version, <12.55.0.0>. The script may not run properly on a load generator with an earlier or unidentified version

We get this message/similar message if VuGen is 12.56 or 12.57

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @george-reynolds,

You are right. This error will appear as a result of the same issue.
The technical details behind it is that LoadRunner has a collection of registry entries for its' various components with the version value for each component.

The registry entries were not updated while the software was updated. The error about the script was resolved in 12.57 since the registry entries were updated in the Load Generator. Apparently there were not updated on the Controller machine. 

We will ensure it is addressed in future release. It does not have any functional impact.

Regards,
Shlomi

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi @george-reynolds

Can you confirm what version of LG you are using? I see you mention VuGen 12.56 or 12.57, but you do not specify the LG version.

Regards,

Sinziana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi

We've upgraded everything to 12.57 - including controllers and injectors/generators.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I did upgrade and ran test. No issue...Thanks for your feedback/suggestions.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.