Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner community 12.50 installation issue.

Hi

Whent I install LoadRunner eveything goes smoothly until I reach a screen prompting me for details of a certificate (screenshot attached). From the dialog box, I am guessing that the default is to create a certificate for me, but if I click next, I get an error saying "The path of the CA certificate file must be not empty". The buttons next to filename input fields, seem to be designed to select a certificate, rather than specify a directory. Either creating a name for a new certificate, or even pointing the installer at a certificate I have generated manually with ga_ca_cert.exe in the bin directory... doesn't seem to work.

I can complete the installation by unchecking the "Specify a certificate" checkbox... However once complete, I get a warning that there is no valid license.. I have followed articles here, that detail problems with LR.pd. I have copied over a new LR.pd file, from the setup folder and also from a post on this forum but that hasn't made any difference.

Anyone got any suggestions on what I am doing wrong here?

Quentin

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: LoadRunner community 12.50 installation issue.

Hi,

Putting the certificate is option , you can do it later or do it after the installation or you dont do this at all. That should not cause any problem for the LR installation.

Regards

mB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I won't worry about the confusing certificate dialog box.

So I guess my question is: How can I "get past" the "There is no valid license error"?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FYI... If anyone ever stumbles across this post... I never did get around that error, on that machine. I was attempting to install on my corporate laptop (win 7, 64 bit), to get familiar with the software. I have local admin rights and actually I am domain admin (through position rather than competance in AD!). Whatever I did... I never was able to get the community edition installed with a license.

I got a fresh test vm setup in one of our Data Centres.... running Server 2012 R2. I took the same LoadRunner installer and it ran without issues, resulting in a licensesd, functioning LoadRunner environment. That is a more realistic environment for me to be running in anyway... so I gave up on the original install.

I suspect some AD policy, in our corporate environment, or perhaps security technology, prevents LoadRunner installing correctly in the corporate environment... with the installer failing with a misleading error message.... but as I say... I never did bottom it out so can't be sure.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.