Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner9.5 and Kerberos Authentication

I am able to successfully record an application which has Kerberos authentication enabled. On replay I get the following error:

Action.c(235): Error -26630: HTTP Status-Code=401 (Unauthorized) for "http://*******.com:8001/XXX//xxx/amf" [MsgId: MERR-26630]
Action.c(235): t=7169ms: Closing connection to server *******.com - server indicated that the connection should be closed [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Action.c(235): t=7170ms: Closed connection to ********.com:8001 after completing 1 request [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Error -26000: An invalid name was supplied
Configuration file does not specify default realm
[initialize_name] [MsgId: MERR-26000]
Action.c(235): Error -27712: Kerberos can not recognize hostname An invalid name was supplied
Configuration file does not specify default realm
[initialize_name]. [MsgId: MERR-27712]
Action.c(235): t=7192ms: Request done "http://**********.com:8001/XXX//xxx/amf" [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
Action.c(235): flex_web_request("amf") highest severity level was "ERROR", 1518 body bytes, 167 header bytes [MsgId: MMSG-26388]
Ending action Action.

I have already given the required credentials using web_set_user. I have also made Yes the "Enable Integrated Authentication". Have also also tried the "WinInet replay instead of sockets" and alternately the web_set_sockets_option also.

Still getting this error. Will saving the krb5.ini file to my local system help resolve this. I guess that this file has a default realm specified in it.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sweta
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sweta, did you find a solution? I am also having a similar problem to the one you have described.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John, Yes I could solve this problem with the help of HP support. Do the following:
1. In run time setting-> preferences-> options, change "Enable intergrated authentication" to Yes
2. Add the URLs u r accessing to the Sites --> Advanced option in IE--> Internet OPtions--> Local Intranet
3. In run time setting-> preferences-> check the "wininet replay instead of sockets" option
4. In ur IE --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab, check the enable integrated authentication option

If all of the above dont solve the issue, request for the Krb5.ini file from the app server box.
Copy that file to the windows directory of your controller box and create a environment variable called KRB5_CONFIG and set its value to the path where u have stored that config file

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Sweta, I followed those steps and it works now (for step 3, I was able to leave "WinInet replay" unchecked, as it seems to work for me without changing this setting).

Thanks again for responding, it is much appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Does anyone have an issue testing this with windows 2003 Server? I have an issue, where i have problems going to the web based site that uses kerberos on my browser through https, but going through http it works on occasion. This is only experienced on Windows 2003 server, which is where our Loadrunner is installed. When trying to test wtih Windows 2003, Winnet, and http, i get about a 30% pass rate getting to the site, the others get redirected to https and subsequently fail to authenticate.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi

I was getting the same error trying to load test our application with kerberos authentication.

I have  given the required credentials using web_set_user.

I have also made Yes the "Enable Integrated Authentication".

I have got the krb5.ini on my local system

I am getting the following error -

If "WinInet replay instead of sockets" is not checked

Error -27734: Internal Error - can't get initial credentials for username/password myusername/mypassword

has anyone faced this error before?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Swetha,

Kindly let me know the steps to set up the environment variable called KRB5_CONFIG.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am using LR 11.5 and my AUT is using Kerberos authentication. I have my krb5.ini file set and place in C:/windows directory. I have even set the Enable Authencation in RTS.But when I run my script it fails with the error "Can't get initial credential username/password".

Please let me know if anyone has some suggestions.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

where does this file - krb5.ini located in application server ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have placed kbr5.ini in Windows folder [c:\Windowz] and set the environment variable as KRB5_CONFIG. Uncheck the WinInet option and enable Integrated Authentication.

While running the script, I am getting "Error -27732: Internal Error - can't parse username . Any idea what causes this issue and how to get it addressed ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

Did anybody get over this issue?

Am currently stuck here, did the below few settings : 

1. In run time setting-> preferences-> options, change "Enable intergrated authentication" to Yes
4. In ur IE --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab, check the enable integrated authentication option

Requested for the Krb5.ini file from the app server box and copied that file to the windows directory and created a environment variable called KRB5_CONFIG and set its value to the path where I have stored that config file.

Am getting the below error now : 

Error -27734: Internal Error - can't get initial credentials for username/password

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.