Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Loadrunner 12.50 & Sitescope 11.30 - SIS monitor failing to connect to SIS server

Jump to solution

In Load Controller 12.50, I'v configured Sitescope 11.30 (SIS) to supply metrics from some servers during load testing. All worked fine until I changed the requested metrics. I now get this error : "Monitor name :SiteScope. Parsing error. Details: host localhost, port 8888, line: 11. Reason: End tag 'HEAD' does not match the start tag 'META'.", I dont get prompted for the Sitescope account/password login, no metrics are displayed, in short, the Monitor for Sitescope now fails to connect to SIS instance.

No matter what I try, and I'v tried completely removing Sitescope Monitor from the affected scenario and reinstating it, rebooting the Sitescope server and then reinstating the monitor in the scenario, changing the SSM file (I created to hold required metric names), even creating a scenario from scratch and attempting to add a Sitescope monitor I cant seem to get Sitescope monitor to work at all. 

Thing is, I have had this working since December 2015 till May 2016.

Both LR Controller and SIS sit on a VM hosting Windows Server 2012 R2, 4 cores with 8gb memory. SSH is in place on all target servers and as I said, it all worked swimmingly well until I  modified  the selected metrics in Monitor Pane in scenario file in controller.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Loadrunner 12.50 & Sitescope 11.30 - SIS monitor failing to connect to SIS server

Jump to solution

Update : I upgraded to LR 12.53 Patch 1 and re-examined the issue.

Fix:

1. In SIteScope, add a new user account / password combo  ( assuming there is only the  admin account there already ).

2. Open C:\<Loadrunner Installation Directory>\dat\monitors\xmlmonitorshared.ini & locate the SiteScope section.

3. Ensure these lines are in the ini section :

MetricDataURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1

MetricListURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe.SiteScope?page=topaz&operation=config%account=login1

QueryLoginInfo=1

4. In LR scenario in the SIteScope graph section 'Add Measurements' dropdown, use the username / password entered to SIteScope in step 1 above to connect to the SIS server. 

Other answers I have found mention changing many setting in the ini file - I found those 3 above are all thats needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner 12.50 & Sitescope 11.30 - SIS monitor failing to connect to SIS server

Jump to solution

HI

Have you tried manually logging into Sitescope with the credentials Loadrunner is using and check that there is no errormessage displayed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Yes. Tried that. I'v logged into SIS server with same username / password as that used bu LR. There is no error. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

having the same issues, any root cause or solutions found yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Update : I upgraded to LR 12.53 Patch 1 and re-examined the issue.

Fix:

1. In SIteScope, add a new user account / password combo  ( assuming there is only the  admin account there already ).

2. Open C:\<Loadrunner Installation Directory>\dat\monitors\xmlmonitorshared.ini & locate the SiteScope section.

3. Ensure these lines are in the ini section :

MetricDataURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1

MetricListURL=SiteScope/cgi/go.exe.SiteScope?page=topaz&operation=config%account=login1

QueryLoginInfo=1

4. In LR scenario in the SIteScope graph section 'Add Measurements' dropdown, use the username / password entered to SIteScope in step 1 above to connect to the SIS server. 

Other answers I have found mention changing many setting in the ini file - I found those 3 above are all thats needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Since you upgraded to 12.53 have you had any issues communicating with Sitescope 11.30? We are thinking of upgrading LoadRunner to 12.53 but are afraid of it not been compatible with Sitescope 11.30

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.