Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Loadrunner 12.50 and IE 11 not recording

Jump to solution

I have installed LR v12.50 and IE 11.

I use Trucilent and start recording and after moving around few pages on the app stop recording, but only one step gets recorded and that is the url.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner 12.50 and IE 11 not recording

Jump to solution

Hello rafieer,

User actions on UI elements that are based on Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX in general and Java applets technologies are currently not recorded and replayed.

This is a limitation on FireFox and IE protocols for LoadRunner 11.0x, 11.5x and 12.0x

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello rafieer,

Thank you for your post.

I appreciate if you let me know more details about your application.

What kind of communication does your app use?

Are you able to launch your application without VuGen?

Have you tried to record with other protocol? like web?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Daniela ,

The advisor recommended to use Silverlight or Truclient.  The app is Silverlight base and it work find with HTTP/HTML or Silverligh.

When I try it with Truclient nothing gets recorded. I run the Vugen as administratore also.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello rafieer,

User actions on UI elements that are based on Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX in general and Java applets technologies are currently not recorded and replayed.

This is a limitation on FireFox and IE protocols for LoadRunner 11.0x, 11.5x and 12.0x

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. Great job.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

with WEB/HTML protocol it should work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your help.  Great job.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Daniela 

Is this issue still facing in VuGen 12.62 with IE 11?

Thank you for your feedback!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.