Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Loadrunner 12.53 -- 2 Users stop immediately after starting scenario

Jump to solution

I am running about 40 different scripts, 1950 users. The first 2 go to stopped immediately, but the rest of the users initialize and run just fine.

One protocol is Oracle NCA and the other Web/HTML. One user from each.

I have even remade a brand new .lrr file with just one script (Oracle NCA) and it still sends 2 users straight to stopped.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that is causing this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner 12.53 -- 2 Users stop immediately after starting scenario

Jump to solution

I could not find any logs in Loadrunner itself for the 2 users that stop immediately. I turned on extended logging for the 2 users, and I saw nothing. Is there another place I can check?

After some further testing, I found out a few steps to avoid this:

Let the 2 users stop, then I manually stop the test. Open up the runtime settings for a script (any script), and close it. Click the save button and then restart the test. The 2 users now go through the setup and eventually start running.

I am not sure if it is the stopping and restarting procedure or the "saving" feature, but it can fix it. This problem is pretty minor, so I am fine with this work around.

Thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Can you see if you find anything in the vuser-logs for the stopped users?

Or can you see anything in the event-log in the results in PC/ALM

When you were mentioning 2 vusers, my first thought were about NV-insights, but according to documentation it will create 2 "hidden" vusers for each Group.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I could not find any logs in Loadrunner itself for the 2 users that stop immediately. I turned on extended logging for the 2 users, and I saw nothing. Is there another place I can check?

After some further testing, I found out a few steps to avoid this:

Let the 2 users stop, then I manually stop the test. Open up the runtime settings for a script (any script), and close it. Click the save button and then restart the test. The 2 users now go through the setup and eventually start running.

I am not sure if it is the stopping and restarting procedure or the "saving" feature, but it can fix it. This problem is pretty minor, so I am fine with this work around.

Thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you encounter this situation when running from Performance Center (the first batch of vusers going to stopped status) you need to go to test options in the right upper corner and set "Start the Scheduler after a delay of : 00:00:10". In this case 10 seconds was used but can work with smaller values.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Please, someone, help me  I need Vusers script for 200 users in the LoadRunner for login function thank you so much. 

Best,

Alex

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.