Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner 12.53 Design Studio pop-up issue

I need help. I am currently experiencing a problem where Design studio pop-up is not appearing when I try to correlate. It just flashes once then disappears.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner 12.53 Design Studio pop-up issue

Hi

On which OS did you install and have you tried with Administrative privliges? (i.e. start Vugen with "Run As Administrator").

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello, this makes no difference at all. I'm experiencing this problem too.

OS is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please attach HP.LR.VuGen.log located under %temp%?

Rename the file extension to png if needed in order to upload it

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi

The log simply has the following error, repeated quite a few times but nothing more than this:

2017-03-08 16:05:59,507 CORRELATION   [  1] ERROR - Failed to extract substrings: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sounds like a bug. Please open a support ticket. I will forward this info to relevant R&D memebers as well

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Thanks Shlomi

In the end, I didn't raise a ticket. I found out by accident that it did work after a very long time delay! I tried running the design studio again, then got caught up in something else - after about 20 minutes I returned to it, and there it was - all my potential correlation values!

Something is wrong, yes, as it should not take this amount of time - the scripts are not big, but how you would troubleshoot this I would think would be quite a challenge, unless you had loads of time!

Meantime, I suggest for those that get the brief flash of the design studio pop up and then nothing, they just leave it, go get coffee or something and it might just be there when they get back 🙂

Kind regards

Jeremy

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for the update Jeremy 🙂

I would really appreciate if you open a support ticket about it. I hope Support/R&D will have the chance to look at this case and understand why it takes so long. We probably have something to fix there.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Sure Shlomi

I'll try capture it when I come across the issue again and document exactly what is happening.

Kind regards

Jeremy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

thank you.

By the way, you can disable correlation scan from the recording option dialog > Correlations > Configuration. Correlations will not be done automatically, but you will avoid the issue

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hey Shlomi

Actually, I'm afraid that's not the case. I have auto correlation turned off in recording options. The pop up issue still persists if I invoke a correlation scan from the design studio after script replay.

I still haven't posted a ticket either but will as soon as I can find my SAID!

Thanks

Jes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry, I have no idea. Maybe the design studio window loses focus to VuGen window and it is just located behind VuGen window.

Did you try moving VuGen to see if the dialog appear behind it?

I think you need to find that SAID 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.