Highlighted
New Member.

Loadrunner 12.53 download - missing Linux install.sh file

I just downloaded the Community Edition (free) version of LoadRunner 12.53. I can't seem to find the Linux "install.sh" file that is referenced in the install documentation. I need it to install VUGenerators on a few RHEL 7 boxes that I have.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Loadrunner 12.53 download - missing Linux install.sh file

Hello,

The Community version you have downloaded does not include the Linux installers for the Load Generator component. To obtain them log into Software Support Online (https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/) and go to Product Information->Downloads. Then select the "Performance Center" item in the list after entering your SAID. Choose the "HP LoadRunner 12.50 English Software E-Media" (yes 12.50) [Product #: T7177GAE] and after clicking "Get Software" the "HPE Load Generator 12.53 for Linux" installers will be available to you to download.

Best regards,

Mark

Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks Mark! However, do i have a SAID for a free edition of LRunner?

If so, where would I find it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello,

There is no SAID (Support Agreement ID) provided with the free version. You receive the SAID when you purchase the product (and associated support). So at the moment you can only use the product on Windows platforms.

Best regards,

Mark

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hello and thank you for your question.

The formal documentation regarding installation of linux Load Generator explains:

[sh and bash shells] Launch the setup wizard by typing: source ./installer.sh.
[csh and tcsh shells] Launch the setup wizard by typing: source ./installer.csh.

Meaning, maybe there is a mistake in documentation you read and we will fix it, use 'installer.sh' file.

Hope it helps.

Dan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.