Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Loadrunner 12.55 Recording

Hi,

i have installed LR 12.55.

i want to record desktop application which is developed in c++ please help me how to proceed and which protocol to select.

i have script developed in UFT how can i use that script to run in loadrunner12.55?

Thanks

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner 12.55 Recording

In most cases, you select the protocol according to the comunication type between the client and the server and not according to the programming langauge you develop your application (exceptions are COM, .Net and GUI protocols).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks

got the information that COM and .Net protocol is used in my application.

but while selecting multiple protocol i can see only COM/DCOM and i am not abole to see .Net protocol so please suggest how to select COM and .Net protocol for recording.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

As mentioned above, the exception for combining protocols are COM/DCOM and .NET so they can't be combined for recording.

This is an "either / or" situation. I suggest to fine tune your need and choose the appropriate protocol for you performance test.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

tried to record with .Net and COM/Dcom protocol seperatly since both are not available in multiple protocol selection but was anavailable to get any events during recording with these two protocols.

please suggest how to proceed this PoC is very important for us.

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Next suggestion would be to either use one of the GUI protocols, or Citrix / RDP if this is a VDI machine,

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

tried with citrix ICA  ,RDP protocol but unable to capture event during recording.

i am not able to see GUI protocol in the list of protocols in vugen 12.55 where can i search?

application is using .Net and Com protocol for communication.

please suggest i am stuck .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

GUI and COM/DCOM are not part of the community edition, so this may not help you in running performance.

how are you trying to use .NET? did you follow the documentation on recording in .NET?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

i am using .net protocol with default settings .just i selected vb .net instead of c# in language selection.

do we have to select any thing else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

well, for one - did you install the supported visual studio version on the Vugen machine?

second, what happens when you start recording? did you configure all the recording options? pointing to the executable of the application? adding the shared dll's of the application to the Run time settings? creating the needed filters for recording?

is this a WCF application? if it is - see here for more info.

In short, ,NET recording is not trivial and requires a lot of tweaking before it can work properly.

Another option to consider is not to record the application, but the transport layer - what is the protocol the application communicates with the server? you can try recording with wireshark or Fiddler and see what the actual communication looks like. if it is web / web service, you can record the communication directly and skip the application setup.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

communication protcol used in application is COM and .Net

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Than follow the instructions / questions provided in previous post.

install Visual studio on Vugen, start recording and debug from then on.

This is not a "plug and play" protocol like web, there's alot of work involved here in debuggin and proper defenition of recording filters.

read the documentation completely and try from there.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.