Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner Ajax Trueclient + set filepath to filebox

Hi,

I recorded one fileupload scenario and it was recorded as set <path> to <fileUpload> filebox. Now when replaying the script, it works fine in FireFox but it hang for long time in Chrome and ultimately I need to clode the script. It does not show any failure. Can anyone help?

I did not find any alternate to "set" method and I tried evaluate JS for upload file with below code and that also working in FireFox but not in Chrome. I read lot of forum and  I found that value property for file input element could not be set due to security issue. Not sure why it is working in FF and also not sure how "set" method breaches  the security. Can anyone give some solutions?

var iframe = document.getElementById("docUploadFrame");
var innerDoc = iframe.contentDocument || iframe.contentWindow.document;
var test = innerDoc.getElementById("fileToUpload");
test.value = "D:\\OA\\PI3\\Docs\\Editable 1008 - Approve.pdf"
test.onchange;

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner Ajax Trueclient + set filepath to filebox

Hi, 

Indeed Chromium is more strict security wise.

We know that our set filepath to filebox is working only partially from that reason.

Does your application is public that I can take a look in it?

If not, please open support ticket, and we will try to understand if it is possible to fix it on your application.

Thanks,

Lital

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.