Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Loadrunner Automated Analysis report for multiple steady states

We have multiple ramp ups in a test and we have AppD integrated to Performance Center. But we have multiple graphs to extract like CPU utilization, Memory Utilization, JVM Heap etc. For this we use filters(.flt) to get the graphs. Additionally, we need to set steady state(start and end time) for each ramp up and each ramp up, we have around 10 graphs to extract to copy to Report which is time consuming.

Is there is any way where we can extract graphs automatically for each steady state and automatically apply the filters(.flt) to an excel? This would help to save efforts to copy paste and apply time and multiple ramp ups.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Loadrunner Automated Analysis report for multiple steady states

In PC you can add an reporting template to your test. We select a number of graphs with full range and create the same set of graphs with our steady period.

We got the issue that the time filter on steady state is stated from the beginning of the run i.s.o. after ramp up time. So we need to update the time range when we increase number of users. We solved this by reverse engineering the the definition (quite simple) and we can change the time window very easy with help of a power shell program.

I guess you can do about the same and also specify the number of steady intervals. You can then create from a base-template quickly your reporting template with 10 steady periods.

We do not use AppD, but Jenkins. The Jenkins plugin receives the PC Analysis report automatically. We use that as basis for further processing. So I hope that the above method work for you as well.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for the reply. Cn you help me on this?

I dont have much idea o this which you mentioned of shell scriptig or reverse enginering.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

When you create a Analysis Report, add a copy of a report and apply on that copy a filter on a time range.

Save that report as a Template. Take you favorite editor and look to the structure of the HTML files of the template. Discover where and how the time range is coded and in which file all the reports are listed.

This is a kind of reverse engineering. You might then based on your findings start writing a program that duplicates the 'copy of the report' again with an update of the time range. Make sure that the template is still valid etc.

You can use any programming language you like, you might let your manager assign a smart script kid for this task.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.