Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner - How to add server to monitor?

Hi all,

I am trying to configure new server to monitor thier resources utilization during the performance execution, I have followed all the steps correctly and add the server, countries, and entering the administrator credentials. However after submiting the credentials I am getting the following error message:

Cannot connect to the machine [Server IP]

Reason: Cannot access HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA key on host [Server IP] with error

Access is denied.

My question: Is there a server agent I should install first before adding the server counters? What I am missing in the server side in order to complete the configuration? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

This is known limitation of Windows Resource monitor depends system and/or newtwork policies.

Try to apply steps described in the attached document to the monitred server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i have applied your given steps. But still i am facing the same issue. Not able to add the counters for a monitoring template.

Posting couple of errors:

@ the monitoring template window

Failed to retrieve measurements.

Please check the machine name, credentials and other supplied details and try again.

If the problem persists, contact your adminsitrator.

@ repsonse at load generatator calculator

113.xxx.xxx.xx: Failed, reason: Monitor de-initialization error: The internal object for machine 113.xxx.xxx.xx is invalid ( initialization error ).
Hint:
Delete this machine and add it again (use the Add Machine dialog box for this operation)  (entry point: Deactivatemeasurement). [MsgId: MMSG-47290] internal message: Monitor initialization error: Cannot connect to machine 113.131.142.83.
Reason: Cannot access HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA key on host 113.xxx.xxx.xx with error
The network address is invalid.
(entry point: chkConnection). [MsgId: MMSG-47281]
Hints:
Check that your login user name appears as administrator on this machine.
Check that remote registry is available on this machine.
Check that you have entered the correct machine name.
Check that the machine exists and that it is online (use the ping utility for this operation).
Delete the machine and add it again. (entry point: CFactory::Initialize). [MsgId: MMSG-47299]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.