Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner: Protocol to be used for standalone application

Hi All,

I have a 2 tier application ,

tier 1 

a thick client which is installed on the client machine ( the software is a financial application , written in powerbuilder)   

tier 2 

oracle database 

The communication between tier 1 and tier 2is happening using odbc. 

Question:

1. Can someone please guide me as to whether we need to select win32 application ( rather than the standard web url) while recording the applicaion .

2. Please also confirm if i need to use ODBC protocol ( as the recording protocol)  after step 1

3. Any other pointers /suggestions that we need to take into consideration while recording a standalone application

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loadrunner: Protocol to be used for standalone application

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I would suggest you to prefer GUI based protocols(Citrix,GUI Vuser , RDP,etc.,) for Power Builder Application.

You can also give a try with Winsock protocol.

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.