New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Loadrunner Vpn Recording

Hi ,

I am trying to record a web applicaon script using Loadrunner 12.55 through cisco vpn network, But Loadrunner is not able to launch the application in Loadrunner Launching browser am getting the error "proxy server not responding" for reference please find the attached screen shot. In jmeter proxy we are able to capture.

Some one please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Kareemulla

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you use remote LR proxy recording or on the same machine ? Try normal hooking recording that will not modify the proxy settings on your machine.

If you still want proxy recording:

- local :  you need to check the ip address with port 8888 open (netstat -an) and modify the proxy to that ip address after you start recording in LR.

- remote: make sure routing table is correct and you can reach the remote ip, also vpn might block traffic on port 8888

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

Thanks for Your Reply.

1. Do you use remote LR proxy recording or on the same machine ? 

Yes

2. I tried with normal hooking recording also for this case i am getting "cant reach the page". for reference please find the       attached screenshot. after disconnecting vpn i tried for different applications everything going fine. but connecting to     vpn we are facing issue.

3. Is it possible to record a application with Loadrunner using cisco vpn ? If possible how can we record can u please explain us.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kareemulla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Just to check, when you connect the vpn are you able to browse any pages ? I have seen vpn environments where you could not browse any pages only connect to machines on that vpn network.

Can you send me a private message with the output of the following cmd command ?

route print

Run before you connect to vpn and after you connect to vpn.

If possible a Wireshark capture during problematic recording would be useful in finding what is causing this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

1.Just to check, when you connect the vpn are you able to browse any pages ? I have seen vpn environments where you could not browse any pages only connect to machines on that vpn network.

After connecting to the vpn we are able to browse all pages.

2. Can you send me a private message with the output of the following cmd command 

Please find the attached screenshots of with vpn and without vpn connection. Every screenshot contain proper name related to with vpn 0r without vpn.

3. If possible a Wireshark capture during problematic recording would be useful in finding what is causing this

i dont have knowledge on wireshark i will try to work on it

4. we are able to capture with fiddler and converting fiddler script to Loadrunner but after converting into Loadrunner script in that the data what ever we are inputing in the application like firstname,lastname that data ia not appering in script

Thanks a lot for helping us.

Regards,

kareemulla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The ip seen that is not working is 172.16.25.13, if you look at routing table i can not see that entry, so connection will go through interface 192.168.2.193 and will end up to default gateway 192.168.2.1.

To confirm you can check the following command:

tracert 172.16.25.13

and see the output.

Fiddler will not capture packets at TCP/IP level, only at HTTP so it is not useful in this case.

Wireshark is simple, download and install, then start recording. In the filter you can put something like this:

ip.addr == "172.16.25.13"

and you will see all packets to/from that ip. You can also see the source ip address, it should be 172.16.255.10.

You can also try to add the missing address from routing table:

route add 172.16.25.13 mask 255.255.255.255 gateway 172.16.255.1 metric 2

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.