Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Loadrunner Vugen 12.53 Compatibility With Charles River Development Application - Investment Banking

I am using LR 12.53 and trying to record a desktop Product using HTTP protocol - Product Name: "Charles River Development Investment Banking"

The application's requests are recorded in "Web_custom_request" format, When I replay the first request ie "login URL" is giving me Bad request Http 400 as response.

This application is not accessible via Web Browser, it can be accessed only from thick Client based on .Net Platform.

Any one who has tested this product please provide some pointers/suggestions?

Vimal
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner Vugen 12.53 Compatibility With Charles River Development Application - Investment Ban

Hi,

Can you please share a copy of the script with recording and extended replay log enabled? 
If you can't, can you attach a screenshot of the script? How does the request body looks like? Did you ensure the data sent to the server is valid?

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner Vugen 12.53 Compatibility With Charles River Development Application - Investment Ban

Steps:

1. Launch the EXE Application -> window with few text box appears

2. Enter URL in the Login window and give credentials to enter into application.

3. When I put this URL in the browser it gives me Http 400. tried setting web_set_user and Proxy user name but still the same, I doubt the part where the application
launch is actually recorded by vugen.

***Changed few names/URLS/IDs*** in the below - Attached the replay and recorded logs

Script:

web_custom_request("logonWithRequest",
"URL=http://ABCDEF:0000/crts/wsi/Logon/logonWithRequest",
"Method=POST",
"TargetFrame=",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=application/xml",
"Referer=",
"Snapshot=t57.inf",
"ContentEncoding=gzip",
"Mode=HTML",
"EncType=application/xml",
"BodyBinary=\\xEF\\xBB\\xBF<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?><envelope sparse=\"false\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:crd=
\"http://crd.com\"><logon><logonWithRequest><request><applicationName>Charles River IMS</applicationName><localeName>en_US</localeName><longDateFormat>dddd, MMMM dd,
yyyy</longDateFormat><longTimeFormat>h:mm:ss aa</longTimeFormat><oldPassword>xxxxx</oldPassword><shortDateFormat>MM/dd/yyyy</shortDateFormat><shortTimeFormat>h:mm
aa</"
"shortTimeFormat><user>xxxxxx</user><windowsClientTimeZoneName>Eastern Standard Time</windowsClientTimeZoneName></request></logonWithRequest></logon></envelope>",
LAST);

Vimal
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.