Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner cannot connect Load Generator,for help!

I add a new LoadGenerator in Windows Server 2008, close the firewall ,add start the Agent Process.

But I cannot connect this  LoadGennerator in  Contrallor machine.

When I click connect ,it will prompt  the information "Failed to connect to the load generator.Check the output window for more details"  in Details,and the process"lr_bridge" have not  be started in LoadGenerator machine.

Who knows the reason?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner cannot connect Load Generator,for help!

Hi Xiaji,

Can you please try pinging the Loadgenerator machine from the contoller.?

This scenario occurs because the communication between the Controller and Load Generator machine happens through a software called as Agent. Incase the Agent Service on the specified IP Address is not running, we would still be able to ping the machine, but cannot get it to act as a Load generator.

To activate LR Agent:

Navigate to Start Menu >> HP Software>> HP Loadrunner >> Advanced Settings >> Click on Agent Process/Agent Service . 

Once you click on those options, try connecting again. I am sure you will be able to get the LoadGenerator up.

Thanks

Renjith

Renjith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi : 

Thank you for reply!!

I find the reason that the port 54345 has not be open in Load Generator machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

i have the same issue controller machine able to access loadgenerator machine but still loadgenerator machine not response 

please any recomandation to done 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I tried what was suggested and still getting the same error message as before. What else can I try? Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Any luck. Same issue 

Thanks

SK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Is the needes communication port opened between controller and the load generator? Are you using the supported os for your tests? Which LoadRunner version are you trying this at?
Thanks
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Make sure that the load generator is no out of disk space on the hp/temp folder else you will not log into it or connect to it from controller

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.