Highlighted
Member.

Loadrunner does not generate any code into the recording script

Hello to all, 

The loadrunner does not generate any code to recording script after the i record in default action. For instance, I record a business process into action 1 and there is no code generation for action 2 in same script. I"m using IE browser and it does not generate any script. LoadRunner generate script in chrome. 

Questions: 

1. How to organize our script in case we have several business function (login, browse, add cart, update cart, make payment, logout)? Should we organize multiple action in different script (1 script 1 action) or 1 script many actions. Which is better? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Member.

Re: Loadrunner does not generate any code into the recording script

Anyone can answer my question. Please. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Loadrunner does not generate any code into the recording script

Hi Peter, 

sometimes I've the same problem when I record a particular application, and I have to try different recording browser with TruClient or Web HTTP-HTML. If you look at the manual, you can find this point about IE: 

Issue: When recording on Internet Explorer (IE) 10, the browser uses cached pages, and may not record all of the steps.

Solution: Each time you begin recording, configure IE 10 to always refresh Web pages from the server. After you begin a recording session, in IE, click F12 to open the Developer Tools pane. In this pane, usually located at the bottom of the browser window, select Cache > Always refresh from server.

Links: 

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.56-12.57/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/tl_TroubleshootingRecording.htm#mt-item-3

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/LoadRunner-User-Discussions/Events-getting-not-getting-recorded-in-LR-12-55-using-Web-HTTP/td-p/1634910

Also, in my experience with Web HTTP-HTML, I create a new action with the small pop-up on the browser for every step of navigation, that's because the protocol catches some web resources and since I don't know about the develop phase of the application and its business logic, if I maintain all the recording on a single Action I can't distinguish the location of a single function in the navigation steps. So I suggest you to create a new Action page on every particular act of the web browsing. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.