Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Loadrunner drops server connection when recording Java over HTTP Webstart application.jnlp

Hello,

We are trying to record a Java over HTTP webstart application.jnlp. We have configured our application to use a proxy on port 8888. In LoadRunner we have added all or our expanded directories which contain .jar files in the Classpath.

Our application sends all request over HTTP with the Body/Payload containing the Base64 encoded Java Object. I have also added under Data Format Extensions the chain configuration for Base64. Code Generation set for Body to Base 64. I did not set the Header since we can see the header data clearly so it is not encoded. Under HTTP Properties Advanced I have set Use the LoadRunner Proxy to record a local application. Set Support charset to UFT-8.

The recording opens the web page. I can select the button to launch the webstart application.jnlp. The application loads in a seperate window. After I enter the login credentials, the application reports a communications error. If I wait long enough the connection succeeds but not transactions of values are captured in LoadRunner.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve the issue?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Loadrunner drops server connection when recording Java over HTTP Webstart application.jnlp

Hello,

On the recording dialog, are you instructing vugen to record a web browser? I think the problem is that Vugen is hooking into the browser, but after the second window opens, it doesn't hook into that one.

I'd suggest you to try recording mode windows application, select the java jre as application and in program arguments put the url of the jnlp file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Loadrunner drops server connection when recording Java over HTTP Webstart application.jnlp

Thank you Allan for your suggestion.

I did setup the application but had to point the program arguments to the expanded .war file that contained the application.jnlp. Unfortunently, the connection stills drops.

thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.