Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner for .Net Windows based client server application

Hi All,

I am evaluating loadrunner 11 for a windows based client server application that is developed using visual studio 2012 >net framework 4.5 and uses windows communication foundation to talk to a middle tier service created using same technology and middle tier service talks to SQL server using ADO.Net. I tried to record some actions using .Net protocol however I am unable to replay as there are warnings about primary references:could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". After doing some research I found out that Loadrunner 11 does not support .Net framework 4.5 as of now. Just wanted to know even after this support issue if I am able to record script will it make any difference if I try to create a custom filter to suit my application and give it a try or do I give up on using Loadrunner .Net protocol?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Loadrunner for .Net Windows based client server application

Hi,

You are right that .Net 4.5 is currently not supported. There is ER logged for this purposed which is available from the following link: 

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1J31305

If you want you can review the following posts :

NET-Protocol-Recording-Best-Practices 

LoadRunner Support Tip Getting Compilation error in Net script   

If you want you can try to create a custom filter and give it a try if you want.

As a workaround you can try to record your application using RDP protocol.

Kind regards,

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am not able to download the help files you referred in your reply. Can you please post again?. I am trying with my passport iD only.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You need your SAID to access these links.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi , How u recorded that .net window based application ? Is vugen installed in the same server machine where the application installed ? Please do comment its needfull in my project to record window based application. Please explain me the process

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.