Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Loadrunner on a remote machine

Jump to solution

Hi,

Right now we are having Loadrunner 12.01 . so planning it to upgrade it to latestest version which is loadrunner 12.53 on the Remote machine which is windows 2012 R2 . Will i come across any issues if i use my loadrunner tool on the Remote Machine?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner on a remote machine

Jump to solution

In theory 🙂

but, if you do see an issue, I recommend that first of all, verify that you are the only logged in user at the moment.

Good Luck,

Lior

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Aruna,

Do you mean that as a work methodology, to script your scripts you connect to a remote machine, or that your controller is on a remote machine?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

That was a quick reply. I installed loadrunner tool on my Remote machine . Vugen, controller and Analysis all are on the same Remote machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Aruna,

if you are the only user on that remote machine, there sholdn't be an issue.

issues start when several users log into the same machine and run the same applications with out notifying other users.

I would recommend that you install Vugen on your own, private desktop and use the remote machine to run and analyze the load tests.

Hope this helps.

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

We have only one concurrent user licence. So only one can login into the Remote machine. so it should not be a problem right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

In theory 🙂

but, if you do see an issue, I recommend that first of all, verify that you are the only logged in user at the moment.

Good Luck,

Lior

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick responces, appreciate your help.  I will make sure that only i am using the machine and then will login. Thanks once again.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.