Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Loadrunner scripts in SVN?

Hi all,

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with having the loadrunner scripts (TruClient, HTTP, OracleNCA) syncing in the background to a SVN server?

We did have it setup but seemingly had alot of issues, which I am trying to quantify to address.

Is there a concern with the amount of data being written, or the tmp, idx, etc., files changing so much?

Any workaround that might help, such as scheduling a SVN commit after hours, or only version version folders/files. e.g. Are there files we don't need to version control

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner scripts in SVN?

Hi Brian_Folan,

LoadRunner does not officially support SVN, but managing scripts in a repository is as simple as any other code.

You can  look online for examples of using source-control system for this.

As for temporary files, you can add them to the system's ignore-list.

One example of this can be found here (it is for Git, but could be adapted for SVN):

https://github.com/wilsonmar/LoadRunner/blob/master/.gitignore

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Loadrunner scripts in SVN?

Thanks e-Dough - I've only used SVN a few times myself, but seen it used alot with full developers. I'm looking for any experiences specifically with the Loadrunner files as the NFT testers I have joined here did have a lot of script corruption and put it down to SVN usage.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.