Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Loadrunner shows different number of users than server monitoring software

I am using Loadrunner 12.53 Oracle NCA protocol. I am monitoring the server with Oracle Enterprise Manager. Loadrunner is showing a number that is a little over 100 off of what I am seeing on the server responses.

Is it possible that some errors from the Loadrunner actually stop connections, but do not update the total number of running vusers?

We are trying to troubleshoot why a forms in the server crashes and drops a lot of users, but Loadrunner only shows a couple of users being dropped.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner shows different number of users than server monitoring software

Hi

It think for better help, you need to specify a little more, what is not correct.

First you are talking about users, but then connections. So is it running vUsers in Loadrunner and open connections i Oracle or something different.

And users dropped in LoadRunner, is it aborted vUsers and how/why are they terminated, should be visible in the vuser-log. Is the expected behavior that more vUser should be aborted to represent you problem or should none be aborted.

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner shows different number of users than server monitoring software

I think the problem was we were using an older version of Loadrunner. We upgraded to 12.53 and it seemed to have a 1 to 1 ration of users LR said were up and users/open connections we saw in the Oracle Server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.