Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Loadrunner

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can any one suggest me that maximum number of Vusers can be added through controller in the trail version of loadrunner.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Loadrunner

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

If you downloaded the community edition of the latest version (LoadRunner 12.02), you have a community license of 50 Vusers.

Thank you,

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

If you downloaded the community edition of the latest version (LoadRunner 12.02), you have a community license of 50 Vusers.

Thank you,

Lior Avni

PLV COST Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

Thanks for quick reply.

One more question, that in the downloaded version, how I'll come to know that whether it is community edition.

Br,

Anjaney Shukla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

Your best and safest way to verify this is to download from the official HP LoadRunner site at this address.

The trial software you download from this location is the community edition.

Good Luck,

Lior

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

I've some queries about LR:

1. Whether it is possible on LR's current version to work through Emulator. If yes which emulator best suits LR?

2. Backend working of LR: Does the tool actually hitting the request on server?

For Example: If I'm recording a mobile script for login and logout, how exactly it is happening in the background in            the tool, is it creating multiple instances for the same user or what?

3.  During replay of script in LR, device's physical connection is needed or not?

4.  Does LR support secured protocols (https)?

5.   Interpretation of result analysis in LR: what the different graphs signify, for example  the Throughput tab under analysis.

Hope these questions will be sorted as others.

Br,

Anjaney Shukla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Lior, 

Small modification in question no.2: 

2. Backend working of LR:
       When giving the load through controller, does the tool actually hitting the request on server?

For Example: If I'm recording a mobile script for login and logout, how exactly it is happening in the background in                  the tool, is it creating multiple instances for the same user or what?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

To answer your questions:

1. Exactly what do you mean by emulator? terminal emulation? VMWare? other? please specify
  2. The tool runs the script you created for multiple iterations with the number of Vusers you configured in the controller snceario you created over the time span you defined in the scheduling of the scenario
  3. if by "device" you mean a mobile device then this is a topic for another discussion. you can run scripts which were recorded from a mobile device and then you don't need the actual device to be connected, but as mentioned - this is a topic for a seperate discussion
  4. Yes - LR supports secured communication
  5. To understand the differnet graphs in Analysis, I suggest you read the extended documentation that exists on this product (search in the help files and you will find all the data you need). Most of the graphs names detail the benefit and data they provide; Throughput is the  volume of data retrieved during the script (for example)

I hope this makes some sense and gives you a clearer picture of the product and its capabilities.

Good Luck!

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

1. Please suggest which mobile emulator it supports on Windows 7, I'll use the same.

2. I'm not clear with the statement that tool iterates, my concern was, if it is iterating the script (recorded for login and        logout for single user:

a) Is it actually loging in and loging out each time for the same user?

b) Is it hitting server each time? For ex- I set an increament in the number of Vusers as 10, per second, so how it is                    going to iterate exactly?

3. If tool recording supports secured protocols, why I'm not able to record scripts when trying to open secured sites?
     Please suggest steps or other settings if required.

BR,

Anjaney Shukla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

1. for mobile recording, please consult with the documentation, as I believe it can fill a lot of information for you. Start with this section and look around to learn more about mobile 
  2. this depends on the sturcture of your script and in which action you placed which business logic. if you placed all your code in the "Action" action, then yes - the script will simulate a login and logout each iteration and for each user defined in the scenario.
  3. You simply need to write the secured URL in the recording setup window and https URLs will be recorded and displayed in the generated script

Good luck

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

In the solution for point number-2, I would like to know that if the script is recorded for login and logout in the "action" for a single user(The login is specific to one user only):

a) Will it be iterated for number of times and for number of Vusers which I have set?

b) Will the request hit to an actual server or a virtual server in the tool itself?

c) If the script is recorded for a single user (Say for Skype), how exactly the tool will make login and logout for multiple             Vusers for single recorded login and logout (for one particular user)? Does it make multiple instances on the server or           somewhere on the virtual server?

d) If not then how exactly it is testing the load?

Br,

Anjaney Shukla

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Lior,

Regarding the link provided by you for mobile recording:
a) Is it an emulator?

b) If so why it is asking for a pmobile hysical device moreover rooted?

Br,

Anjaney

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anjaney,

if you record a script for one specific Vuser and don't parametrize it properly (i.e. add correlations, parametrize the user name and password etc...) - you will not be able to run it for more then this one user.

Scripting is a profession and you have to know what you're doing if you want to create a usable script.

requests hit the actual server they were scripted with.

As for how is it testing the load - I really recommend you attend one of the basic LoadRunner courses listed in this link to get a better understanding of Load testing using LoadRunner. This will help you to understand the concepts of how the tool works, how load testing in general works and will assist in guiding you to the righ path.

Good Luck

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.