Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

MD5 Hash Value for LoadRunner Download

Jump to solution

Does Microfocus provide MD5 or SHA1 hash values with the download of their Community Edition of LoadRunner 12.55.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: MD5 Hash Value for LoadRunner Download

Jump to solution

I expect a encrypted MD5 or SHA1 hash value to be associate with the LR 12.55 Comm Ed version downloaded file. MF have stated that at present they do not have, see below extraction from ticket raised:
"Unfortunately, I have confirmed that at the new software.microfocus.com portal there are no MD5 checksum values for any of the downloads. The website is not really within my scope, however, I have submitted an enhancement request for the values to be included. I realize it's a security issue as well and I agree we need to gave them again. At the moment, if it's any good to you, I can download the archive with the LR 12.55 Community Edition and generate the value for comparison".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you please explain what do you mean by MD5 or SH1? Encryption of password values? Which functionality do you expect to have?

Thanks,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

I expect a encrypted MD5 or SHA1 hash value to be associate with the LR 12.55 Comm Ed version downloaded file. MF have stated that at present they do not have, see below extraction from ticket raised:
"Unfortunately, I have confirmed that at the new software.microfocus.com portal there are no MD5 checksum values for any of the downloads. The website is not really within my scope, however, I have submitted an enhancement request for the values to be included. I realize it's a security issue as well and I agree we need to gave them again. At the moment, if it's any good to you, I can download the archive with the LR 12.55 Community Edition and generate the value for comparison".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Are you asking about hash/digest values so you can confirm the validity of the download?

Or are you asking about digital signing to prove it comes from MF?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Digitally Signed to prove that nothing has interfered with the file, from https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/download/loadrunner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

At present the site (https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/download/loadrunner) is down for maintenance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

@Harpic;  Digitally Signed to prove

These are most likely sha256 and not MD5.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.