Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

MF did not send the Trial Key

Jump to solution

My colleauge downloaded LR Trial from the MF site.  He installed it. Checked e-mail.  No trial key.

I did the same. Also no trial key.   I spoke with support.   They said that the key was sent.  I checked junk file.  Not here.

MF said to put a post here.

Any ideas?

Please assist me.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: MF did not send the Trial Key

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

The community edition should have the community license automatically installed, allowing you 50 Vusers for all protocols.

Check the license utility and see if it is installed.

if it was not installed, update here - there's a procedure you can follow.

MF should send you a license key only if you buy one for additional users for specific protocols.

Hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

The community edition should have the community license automatically installed, allowing you 50 Vusers for all protocols.

Check the license utility and see if it is installed.

if it was not installed, update here - there's a procedure you can follow.

MF should send you a license key only if you buy one for additional users for specific protocols.

Hope this helps,

Lior

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Jump to solution

Lior,

I appreciate the reply and information.  My colleage noticed that if he removed the top checkmark from the pop up window asking about certificates it allowed him to continue using the software

I am concerned that Micro Focus support could not answer my question and sent me to the Community Home.  In my opinion the reason many companies use HP/MF products is because of accountability.  Nobody has to show accountability on the Open Source side so some companies are willing to spend money for a paid product.  If the paid product sends us to chat boards to get answers we may as well go to open source products.

I don't know if you work for HP/MF or are a contributer like myself.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.