Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

MQTester and MQ communication with LoadRunner 12.57

Hi all, 

I have to send some messages to a queue with LR (version 12.57). I have installed MQTester and now I have MQSeries protocol in the list. I visited several sites, blogs, forum discussions (and the official PDF documentation about MQTester) about this topic but I still haven't found anything to help me establish a connection and send messages to the queue. 

I have tried to establish the connection using "Record" option, inserting the amqsputc.exe file path on "Application" form and the Queue Channel Name under "Program arguments" form,

image001.png

but this error appears: 

image002.png

How can I start a connection between LR and the queue? I have to use MQSeries Client or Server? How can I send a group of XML messages to that queue? Can anyone send me some examples? 

Thank you very very much for any type of help/support, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: MQTester and MQ communication with LoadRunner 12.57

Hello,

This error occurs due to the missing serdat32.dll from installation folder. 

Please use this updated version of MQTester 3.4.2b to overcome the error:

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/mqtester-loadrunner-0

Installation steps in the readme, part 3.

Thank you,

Levente.

Highlighted

Thank you, Levente, thank for your gentle response. 

So I removed the old version of MQTester and had installed 3.4.2 version...but the same error still remains: "Could not load mmqcvugcapi32.dll". 

I have the suspect that the error is mine: what is the correct way to establish the connection with "Record" option? Is the selection of amqsputc/amqsgetc application correct and the arguments list exactly? In the example, I insered the channel name, but the same error appears if I declare "QMname queueName" or other possibilities...

Can you support me again? Thanks for your time!

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

In add to my last question about the formalism to use for MQSeries protocol, I checked that there's no track about "mmqcvugcapi32.dll" file on LR installation or on the MQTester directories. 

Where can I retrieve this ".dll" and where I had to put this?

Thanks for any type of help, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Serdat32.dll is in the MQTSv3.4.2.b.zip package. This dll has to be manually copied into the Loadrunner bin folder.

Highlighted

Thank you again, Levente, 

I have already copy the ".dll" file under LR's /bin folder, and after restart the software I tried again...the error doesn't appears! So thank you very much!

The problem is that the script couldn't catch any data of connection after the Replay: as you can see the image below, anything is being collected. 

image001 (1).png

Maybe the problem is on the formalism used? The script is "MQSeries Client" type, and I selected the "amqsputc.exe" file, so I indicate "queue name" and "queue manager full name". Is it correct?

Application: amqsputc.exe path

Program arguments:

QLOCAL.STAT_FLOW (is the name of the queue to write on)

APPW.DEF.SVRC/TPC/sklclc0295..... (the fully name of QM,  (includes channelName/TRPTYPE/hostname)

image002 (1).png

I have also tried to put only the channelName as "Program arguments" but the result is the same: no data is collected. 

Thank you so much, is for an important load test, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Lorenzo,

this may be a compatibility issue. LR users are adviced to contact OpenText support in order to get updated info about the supported versions.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.56-12.57/help/PDFs/PC_LR_12.57_System_Requirements.pdf

Thank you,

Levente.

Highlighted

Levente, you are very kind to be interested on my question. 

Thanks for the PDF document link: I've already wrote an e-mail to OpenText for some support...hoping they can help me to search a solution to this problem. 

Can I ask you another thing? If you're able to use MQSeries protocol, can you give some information on the formalism to be used? I searched on a lot of online documentation, but nothing has helped me. How can I start a connection with the MQ/queue? How can I send an XML message via VuGen/Controller? 

Thanks in advance, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

MQSeries usage depends on which version of WebSphere you are using. AFAIK the newer versions of WebSphere are not compatible with MQTester. Response from OpenText should help you in order to have the correct environment. Regarding protocol usage I suggest using the MQTester.pdf user’s guide, included in the installation package of MQTSv3.4.2.b.zip.

Regards,

Levente.

Highlighted

Thanks, Levente. 

I already read the MQTester's PDF file, but onestly I didn't found anything useful to start a recording phase. So my question was about your experience with this WebSeries protocol: how can you establish a connection with the queue? 

Thanks for your time, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted

After some researches about the matter, it seems that it's necessary some authentication permissions to act on the queue. I have not set anyone of this, maybe my problem (error 2058) is due to it. In add, the LoadRunner computer is not the one in which is installed queue and queue manager: I try to contact them in remote modality. 

My last question about the object topic is that one: is necessary to modify some authorization ON the machine where the queue manager is installed? and on the remote machine with LoadRunner too?

Thank you in advise, 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.