Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

MSDE setup for Sql Server-based Analysis - cannot find install media

Hi all, I'm trying to setup Analysis using SQL Server but falling at the first hurdle. All my searching indicates the necessary software (MSDE) can be found in installation 'Additional Components', so I have downloaded "HPE LoadRunner 12.55 Community Edition" but I cannot see anything that looks like MSDE in there. Ilooked again & found & downloaded "HPELR_1255_Community_Edition_Additional_Components.zip", but same result. I have an older 12.50 download, nothing there either.

This should be easy - can someone point me in the right direction, please? Do I have to go back to older release?

thanks

Steve

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: MSDE setup for Sql Server-based Analysis - cannot find install media

Hi,

We no longer redsitribute MSDE, actually, as you have noticed, quite a long time ago.

I suggest using SQL Server Express edition instead or a different edition of SQL server

If you face issues connecting Analysis with SQL Server please share the details here so we can help.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.