Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Maximum Vuser per Load Generator for SAP GUI testing

Hi,

We are in a process of testing SAP GUI application using loadrunner. The plan is to run 15,000 Vuser load from different Load Generators located across different parts of globe. We never performed load testing with such big VUser load. I have following questions:

1. What is the maximum VUsers we can generate on a Load Generator? ( As per HP Documents, For SAP GUI, we can generate 50 VUsers on a LG with 512 MB RAM), this means, 100 VUsers per GB, so if we increase the GB to 50 GB, would we be able to run 5000 VUsers from each Load Generator? Is this practically feasible? Can anyone share their experience of generating such a huge load for a Load Generator? Do we need to do any special settings to run Vusers of this magnitude?

2. We have 100 plus SAP GUI scripts that we are planning to run from different locations at the same time with 15,000 Vuser load. Would it be possible to add all 100 scripts to One controller? What are the maximum number of scripts that can be added to a Controller?

Your valuable insight will be very helpful to plan our tests.

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Maximum Vuser per Load Generator for SAP GUI testing

Hi,

I would recommand to run such a large test on minimum 10 LGs because besides the memory consumption SAP GUI protocol has CPU extensive usage.

With regards to the maximum number of scripts that can be run in a Scenario in Controller this is limited to 50.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you Adrian. We will have CPU with 8 cores and 2 . 4 GHz. Investing in 10 LG is one of the challenge for us. Maximum we could afford is 4 LGs, which will be different global locations. Is there any special settings we need to do to make LGs run large number of VUsers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi,

First of all I've duble checked on the max number of the scripts that can be added to a scenario and it is NOT limited to 50, so you can run 100 if you want. 

With regards to thinkg to make sure before running the scenario please make sure you go through this document:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/145250_t_how_to_run_SAPgui_scripts_scenario.htm?Highlight=sap%20gui%20process  

You can give it a try with 4 LGs and initialy run a smaller amount of Vusers (do not run them all at once but gradual) . Depending on the success rate increase the number further.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I have read this document. I was exactly thinking to do the same; increasing the load gradually and seeing how many VUsers it will take. Since this document does not talk about the maximum limit, I hope with good RAM it can support large number of VUsers. Let me do some experiment on it and will get back again. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.