Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Micorosft outlook using LoadRunner

Is it possible to record and script MS outlook using LoadRunner. If so which protocol could be suggested?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Micorosft outlook using LoadRunner

Hi

1) please select protocol "Web - Http/Html"   

2) Before recording , please open Recording Options and select this checkbox :

General -> Script -> "Use protected application recording" 

Good Luck 🙂

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you are using Outlook on your desktop i would recommend RDP or Citrix protocol, depending on your environment.

If you use Outlook from Office 365 then you can use TruClient protocol.

I would not use web protocol as you may have values in http requests that you don't know to correlate.

Best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using outlook on desktop. Process involves launching the outlook app and click on one the ribbon on top.

question on scripting approach. Could you please help me?

1)In order for outlook to launch, should i need to user to configure to do login and logout of outlook every time? How many users we can simulate on one machine

Which protocol makes script recordable for outlook app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello

1) By the book  you should make the login on the vuser_init action and logoff on the vuser_end action and the all outlook operation at the Action itself ,

On that way the init & end runs only once and the action runs few times (depend on iteration )

2) If you are using RDP / Citrix for outlook desktop you can run till 50 Vuser per machine .

(Because this protocol use image processing it's take lots of resources from the LG ).

You can try also the Web protocols which runs thousand vuser per machine but as mention before , you can encounter some corellation issue that need to resolved 

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Experts,

Please advise here.

I am sceanrio, where i need to launch outlook and click on Ribbon on top. Once i click on Ribbon on top, it goes and communicate with open text server to get some informationa and then display.

Is loadrunner suitable for this operation?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello

I"m not familiar with 'open text server' but please try to record with VuGen and see if you got the correct
network traffic

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.