Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Microsoft Power BI performance Testing using Loadrunner? Anyone? Buhler?

Hello all 

We have been tasked with creating a test for Microsfot Power BI Desktop.

In evaluating the Fiddler traffic it appears that there are requests, but all to external sites like Bing and Virtual Earth.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

On a related note. I was going to use the protocol analyzer which I thought was part of VUGEN.   But it appears not to appear in 12.53.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Microsoft Power BI performance Testing using Loadrunner? Anyone? Buhler?

Hello Harold,

I do not have experience with it myself. From the little I read about it now, it seems like Power BI connects very well with MS Dynamics, which means that once connected the API between them is most likely HTTP based. 

I would try using LoadRunner Web (HTTP/HTML).

Protocol Advisor was obsoleted since it provided incomplete or inaccurate assessments sometimes. While it was good enough for general direction, it was not pointing on the right final result in many cases. It is exteremly complicated creating an accurate advisor. Some customers raised support tickets and even escalations around it arguing they wasted time because of it. We intended it to be an advisor and not a decision making tool. Because of this misalignment with some customers we have decided to de-scope it all together.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Shlomo

When I try to record the Power BI Desktop using HTTP Script type, I'm not seeing any recording.   

The activties are increasing, but no code is being created.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Power BI doesn't integrate properly with LoadRunner. I tried in the past and was not sucessfull. 

So we decided to test the report query itself by using SAP transaction RSRT.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Nik,

I'm not familiar with SAP transaction RSRT.  Can you give me a brief description?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.