Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Multiple client in LR11.52

Hi Experts,

I am  facing challenges in creating script for a scenario involving multiple clients.

Application is leveraging a scanner which scans and upload the images(bills) in system. User is starting the scanning by clicking on a desktop based application which triggers simultaneously scanner and browser .  User is able to see the scanning progress in browser even if the browser is closed scanning use to continue in background it stops once user clicks the button in browser app or in desktop app.

Is there is any way I can run both(Browser and scanner) actions together in LR.

Both browser and scanner are using HTTP protocol. I want to run them in parallel.

Consider it as

ActionBrowser{

lr_start_txn(launch_browser

Web_URL(Browser call

More browser calls

.lr_endtxn(launch_browser

}

Action_Scanner{

lr_start_txn_(ScannerInitialization

Web_(Scanner_call

lr_end_txn_(ScannerInitialization

lr_start_txn_(ScannerUpload

Web_(Scanner_call

lr_end_txn_(ScannerUpload

}

I want to execute both the actions together

I hope I am able to explain the problem

BTW: I am using LR 11.52 Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Multiple client in LR11.52

Hello,

I guess you may want to use  web_concurrent_start  and web_concurrent_end to define a concurrent group, and run the actions in concurrent group concurrently.

is this fit your requirement?

Regards,

Bingle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Multiple client in LR11.52

I should have mentioned this in post. Scanner calls  are using web_add_header for handling session data so concurrent group will not work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.