Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

.NET Application crashes recording with WinSocket protocol (v12.50)

Hi,

I'm creating Vugen scripts on a 64-bit .NET Application, framework DevExpress, using Vugen v12.50 and Winsocket protocol and I'm experiencing several crashes of application (not of Vugen) mostly during most heavy actions like saving of many data modification and performing a search.

I have configured Direct in Recording option -> Network to allow communication between Client and Server.

Monitoring system resources via task manager (Handles, Threads, USER Object, GDI Object) we notice a normal behaviour.

Moreover, doing the same actions on application manually without recording, no crashes happen.

Do you have any suggestion to resolve it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: .NET Application crashes recording with WinSocket protocol (v12.50)

There is not enough information to understand the cause of this problem. Additional information would be helpful here:

• Network protocols used by the application (SSL/TLS-based?)
  • Recording Log

Additionally, I'd suggest you not to use Direct mode in the port mapping setting and try Proxy mode instead. You could also try some different protocol like DotNet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Can you please explain how the backend communication is happening?

Is it using WCF Web Services?

if yes,

over HTTP or TCP?

Have you tried to use Fiddler/Wireshark to anlyze the traffic?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

communication is over TCP IPv4, I have used wireshark and traffic is sniffed properly, but i am unable to use pcap generated file in vugen.

Application don't use SSL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Any specific errors that you have encountered while trying to convert and use the pcap in VuGen?

Alternatively did you try .Net Protocol in LR VuGen 12.50?

That would capture the traffic in the normal C# language which has to be fine tuned further as per your need.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

With .NET Protol I'm facing problems managing filters and libraries, instead about wireshark, for WinSocket protocol there is no option to import pcap file in vugen as per Mobile Protocol.

Do you know if is possible creating code using a pcap file with WinSocket protocol?

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately, Winsock protocol doesn't support script creation from a pcap file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.