Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

.NET protocol communication error with DB2

Jump to solution

HEllo, I am using the .NET protocol. The .NET app and scripts are recorded and run on a physical load generator. In this environment everything works fine.

We are retiring the physical LGs and moving to Cloud based LGs. I have migrated the apps and scripts and have installed DB2 as per the physical environment set up; but now I am getting the following error on trying to replay a script:

Error: Action.cs(34): IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Exception (0x80004005): ERROR [08001] [IBM] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected.
Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
Location where the error was detected: "161.151.89.25". Communication function detecting the error: "connect".
Protocol specific error code(s): "10060", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2ConnPool.Open(DB2Connection connection, String& szConnectionString, DB2ConnSettings& ppSettings, Object& ppConn)

Has anyone come across anything like this? Please let me know.

Thanks,.Jeremy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi @Jes73 ,

I found that on the IMB support site (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21503305) they suggest to check whether the firewall is active on the DB2 machine.

An active firewall would mean that the connection fails, either way given the error there should be no connection to the location of the LG.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @Jes73 ,

I found that on the IMB support site (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21503305) they suggest to check whether the firewall is active on the DB2 machine.

An active firewall would mean that the connection fails, either way given the error there should be no connection to the location of the LG.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please check internet on winsock error 10060 and consider your setup/configuration and test manually the required connections.

Signature:
Reward community members who take time to respond and help.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Firstly, sorry for the long delay in responding. We had our infrastructure guys working on this so I was waiting on that, and then tested it out to make sure it all worked before responding.

So the deal is, because we operate within our own network, the cloud lg's ip's were not recognised and so could not penetrate the firewall. Following some whitelisting and various config exercises we got there.

The actual DB2 error is not actually caused by DB2 rather DB2 is a victim. 

So es, thanks for your reply it helped point me in the right direction in asking for help from the right people in our organisation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.