Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NV License Error

I am using LR community edition and the license for NV says it is expired even though it should be free forever.  Any ideas?

Untitled1.png

Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NV License Error

Hi Phil
How many vusers are you trying to run in your scenario? Which protocol? Which LoadRunner version are you working on? Can you share a screen shot of the error message you are seeing?
Thanks
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Phil

Just as Lior say, a screenshot whould help.

Then I vaugely remember that the NV for 2 users is for free always, but there is a only 30 day trail for the complete NV-Insights. Can it be this license that have been expired and the 2 vUsers works as they should?

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Guys,

This comes up when I try to run the NV Agent.  Even without LoadRunner.  If I am in loadrunner it says the license is expired and I should check the installation manual.

Thank you,

-phil

NV License Error.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Phil

Which LoadRunner version did you install and on which OS?

as a best practice, I would not reccomend to install both UFT and LoadRunner on the same machine - this may cause issues.

Also, what do you mean by "even without LoadRunner"?

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Lior,

It is 12.53 Community Edition.

UFT is on the computer because we use UFT service tests as load tests.

What I mean by without LR is that if I start the NV Agent and then click start test. it gives that error.

Thank you,

-phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Its Windows 7, 64Bit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

See attached image.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Phil,

the "start test" feature in NV agent is meant only as a trouble shooting feature and you shouldn't run it from there. the message you are seeing should be modified and I'll open a defect on this.

You should use NV from the controller by setting the desired virtual location to the group of your choice.

Note: in the community edition you have 2 NV virtual users, so make sure to apply the network location only to a group that has 2 virtual users, or you will receive errors in your scenario.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more NV questions - we'll do our best to answer.

Thanks,

Lior

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.