Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help with Correlation in LoadRunner 12.53

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I have a couple of questions regarding correlation in VuGen script and very much appreciated if I can get some help from you.

I have below parameter to correlate in VuUser script and need to parameterise the value in red.

web_url(

"URL=....%27VIS%27+icx_ticket=%27.6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..%27+resp=....",

"Referer=....icx_ticket&gv15=6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..&gp2=resp_app&gv2=",

)

nca_connect_server(".... icx_ticket='.6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..' ....");

My Questions are,

1. Since it does not have fixed LB and RB, I can't use web_reg_save_param or web_reg_save_param_ex

but I should use web_reg_save_param_regexp to cope with various paterns. Please tell me it I'm wrong

2. If YES from #1, then how to set RegExp= for the various paterns? I tried to use pipe but it did not help and ran into below error. ( IE, "RegExp=icx_ticket=%27.(.*?)%27+resp= | icx_ticket&gv15=(.*?)&gp2=resp_app&gv2= | icx_ticket='(.*?)'")

Error -35061: No match found for the requested parameter "CorrelationParameter_1". Either the specified boundaries were not found in the response or the matched text is longer than current max html parameter size of 81920000 bytes. The total length of the response is 4717035 bytes. You can use "web_set_max_html_param_len" to increase the max parameter size.   [MsgId: MERR-35061]

3.If NO from #1, then how to parameterise the value in red?

Your comments or hint will be very much appreciated as I have already wasted a lot of time to resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Jason

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Need help with Correlation in LoadRunner 12.53

Jump to solution

Hi Jason

I think that your problem is trying to correlate in the wrong place. The correlation should capture the values when they are returned from the server the first time, and not in the call where they are used.

So you must find when and the data is returned by the server and then used it in the call like:

web_url(
"URL=....%27VIS%27+icx_ticket=%27.{correlation_param_1}%27+resp=....",
"Referer=....icx_ticket&gv15={correlation_param_1}&gp2=resp_app&gv2=",
)
nca_connect_server(".... icx_ticket='.{correlation_param_1}' ....");

br /ola
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Jason

I think that your problem is trying to correlate in the wrong place. The correlation should capture the values when they are returned from the server the first time, and not in the call where they are used.

So you must find when and the data is returned by the server and then used it in the call like:

web_url(
"URL=....%27VIS%27+icx_ticket=%27.{correlation_param_1}%27+resp=....",
"Referer=....icx_ticket&gv15={correlation_param_1}&gp2=resp_app&gv2=",
)
nca_connect_server(".... icx_ticket='.{correlation_param_1}' ....");

br /ola
---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi OlaBerggren,

Which recording level should I select? HTTP based script? or URL based script?

I have recorded it in HTTP based script level ( by default) but couldn't find capturable data for correlation and below is only part where the value (6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w) is searched. 

web_url(

"URL=....%27VIS%27+icx_ticket=%27.6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..%27+resp=....",

"Referer=....icx_ticket&gv15=6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..&gp2=resp_app&gv2=",

)

nca_connect_server(".... icx_ticket='.6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w..' ....");

I believe there must be a section where I can search "6PrlVj5DFynvraqctdxJ_w.." before web_url() so that script will capture the value from there and substitute {correlation_param_1} in web_url but unfortunately I can't find it in my current script.

Please advise

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes, there is other places to look. The values visible in the script is only what you send to the server and not what is coming back.

If snapshot was enabled, they can be found in the snapshot tab in the bottom. Or you can look in the output tab in the bottom and shift to the "code generation". Here all sent and recieved data is searchable.

Try reading some here about manual correlation and click around.

http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/t_HowToManualCorrelateScripts.htm

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi OlaBerggren

Thanks for your reply.

As per you have suggested, I have looked at the output for Code generation and found below part and this is the first occurance of icx_ticket values from server

=========================================================================================

****** Request Header For Transaction With Id 456 ******
GET /OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=109&resp_id=20420&resp_appl_id=1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&oas=g-sTAPQev6e8lu2vNPm-5A.. HTTP/1.1
Host: xxx.yyy.net:8000
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Referer: http://xxx.yyy.net:8090/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=OANEWHOMEPAGE
Cookie: VIS=rzyi6JBE6Zkjvg7wK5rk18nGhC; JSESSIONID=K-R4Fwy_ZDaoiYIOKWJmNDUEPczT91Mslf0g6FdWL0QR3nriPPRZ!1585659689; oracle.uix=0^^GMT+10:00^p
Connection: keep-alive

$$$$$$ Request Header For Transaction With Id 456 Ended $$$$$$

****** Response Header For Transaction With Id 456 ******
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 05:33:24 GMT
Server:
Location: http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/forms/frmservlet?...gp15=icx_ticket&gv15=sa7Lb1irIdTx_GMAKfMU8w..&gp2=resp_app&gv2=....
X-ORACLE-DMS-ECID: 005ESKQo4HW7i4WFLzvH8A0001Mj00002a
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Keep-Alive: timeout=15
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Language: en

$$$$$$ Response Header For Transaction With Id 456 Ended $$$$$$
=========================================================================================

So I put below in the script

web_reg_save_param_ex("ParamName=icx_ticket","LB/IC=icx_ticket&gv15=","RB/IC=&gp2=resp_app&gv2=",SEARCH_FILTERS,"Scope=Headers","RequestUrl=*/RF.jsp*",LAST);

web_url("frmservlet",
"URL=http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/forms/frmservlet?...icx_ticket=%27.{icx_ticket}%27+resp=...",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/forms/frmservlet?...&gp15=icx_ticket&gv15={icx_ticket}&gp2=resp_app&gv2...",
"Snapshot=t15.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
EXTRARES,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/forms/registry/Registry.dat", ENDITEM,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/formsClient/OracleApplications.dat", ENDITEM,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndlist.jar", ENDITEM,
LAST);

However I'm still getting below error.

Action.c(208): Error -35061: No match found for the requested parameter "icx_ticket".
Either the specified boundaries were not found in the response or the matched text is longer than current max html parameter size of 8192000 bytes.
The total length of the response is 307752 bytes. You can use "web_set_max_html_param_len" to increase the max parameter size. [MsgId: MERR-35061]

Please advise and thanks in advance

Cheers,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

Hopefully there ios just one little detail.

The web_reg_save_param_ex() works on the next fetch and hence will not have been set when executing like above.

So move the web_reg_save_param_ex() to before the line/fetch that returns the RF.jsp

br /ola

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi OlaBerggren,

Thank you very much for your advise and I finally managed to resolve it. Now all the required correlations, icx_ticket and JsessionIDForms, are captured

web_reg_save_param_regexp("ParamName=icx_ticket","RegExp=gv15=(.*?)&gp2",SEARCH_FILTERS,"Scope=Headers","IgnoreRedirections=No","RequestUrl=*/RF.jsp*",LAST);

web_url("RF.jsp_3",
"URL=http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=93&resp_id=20420&resp_appl_id=1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&oas=yGAiF-MYims0g2vjpo4M8g..",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=OANEWHOMEPAGE",
"Snapshot=t9.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
EXTRARES,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndforms.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndformsi18n.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndewt.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndbalishare.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndaol.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
"Url=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndctx.jar", "Referer=", ENDITEM,
LAST);

web_reg_save_param_regexp("ParamName=JsessionIDForms","RegExp=JsessionIDForms=(.*?);",SEARCH_FILTERS,"Scope=Headers","IgnoreRedirections=No",LAST);

web_url("frmservlet_2",
"URL=http://xxx.yyy.net:8000/forms/frmservlet?lang=US&lookAndFeel=ORACLE&colorScheme=SWAN&serverApp=OracleApplications&digitSubstitution=CONTEXT&env=NLS_LANG=%27AMERICAN_AMERICA%27+FORMS_USER_DATE_FORMAT=%27DD-MON-RRRR%27+FORMS_USER_DATETIME_FORMAT=%27DD-MON-RRRR+HH24%3AMI%3ASS%27+NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE=%27AMERICAN%27+NLS_SORT=%27BINARY%27+NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=%27.,%27+FORMS_TZFILE=%27timezlrg.dat%27+FORM...",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/plain",
"Referer=",
"Snapshot=t11.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
EXTRARES,
"URL=lservlet;JsessionIDForms={JsessionIDForms}?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=AU9928&ifip=192.168.9.115", ENDITEM,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndaolj.jar", ENDITEM,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndxmlparserv2.jar", ENDITEM,
"URL=../OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndutil.jar", ENDITEM,
LAST);

I really appreciate your help in this matter

Cheers,

Jason

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.