Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Need help with SAP Netweaver AO (Analysis for Office) performance testing.

Hi All,

We are working on performance testing of SAP Netweaver AO (Analysis for Office— Office excel work book operations via analysis option in excel) application.

Basically it is a web application, can be opened in a browser. User logon to application from browser and navigates in the application. Upon certain action, application opens an excel, user provides input entries in excel, User clicks on recalculate and then clicks save options under analysis tab in the excel.

While working with excel there is a communication to server, which we are not able to capture. We have tried below options but no luck with event capturing.

Tool-LR 12.02

1. Develop LoadRunner script

Events were recording on web application using LoadRunner but no events were generated when Excel based analysis file is opened in separate window.

2. Develop LoadRunner script using fiddler events

Same was observed using fiddler, all events were recorded except filling and Saving data in Excel

3. Develop LoadRunner script using BPC tool kit for LoadRunner

This option is failing as it uses Fiddler script to convert to LoadRunner script

4. Use LoadRunner protocol analyzer to determine the network protocol used for the communication between client and server.

Unfortunately IE is crashing when we used the protocol analyzer option for this application.

5. Develop LoadRunner script using multiple protocol option

E.g. SAP Web + web services, SAP click and script + web services etc. Not able to capture the network traffic between excel and server with multiple protocols also

6. Develop LoadRunner script using wireshark

Able capture more network traffic than fiddler but could not find request related to recalculate and save. Rest of the requests were converted into .pcap file and able to successfully replay the LoadRunner script after handling lot of correlations.

7. Develop LoadRunner script using Ajax protocol

Not able to capture even single request while using Ajax click and script protocol.

Not able to capture the requests triggered after opening the excel using the protocol true client IE/Firefox

We are looking for some help here on performance testing. Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,

Veera,

M#+45 71475311.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Need help with SAP Netweaver AO (Analysis for Office) performance testing.

Hello ,

Similar to what u r doing, i am using Excel BPC EPM Reports. Here i am recording Excel directly via loadrunner by selecting windows application. I am inputting the data ,saving the records and it all works fine.  I am using LR v12.55.

May be give a try with 12.55 and see if that resolve ur issue.

Usually LR doesn't record any client side activities and it would be challenging to capture the record input to excel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi snps,

I have similar problem with BPC reports, trying to access embedded bpc reports from Netweaver option under analysis and unable to capture any traffic. i tried recording as windows application with http/html as the protocol with loadrunner 12.55. Even fiddler failed to capture traffic. please let me know if you have any suggestions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

@vbbaba please see SAP limitations here - https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/12.60-12.62/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/145750_tl_SAP.htm?Highlight=sap%20netweaver

Let me know if this case is not explained by the known limitations.

Thanks,

Anat

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.