Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Need solution to Apply Pacing

Dear Friends, I need your inputs for the following problem.

1. I have requirement to execute 200 users test for a web application. If I add Sign-in/Login in Vuser Init, it goes well. But the requirement is to find sign-in transactions along with action. Hence added all toghether in "Action" part. But I am getting huge sign-in errors after 180 users load.

2. I added a FOR loop with 50 iterations for Action part other than Sign-in/logout part. That is after every 50 transactions of action part login/logout works. This option avoided sign-in errors. But I am getting transaction HIGH response times because PACING is not applicable in the FOR loop for 50 transactions. 

Is there any solution?

I gave PACING=Random 60-120secs

Thinktime= 50%-150%

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Need solution to Apply Pacing

Hi VishwaM, 

I didn't understand your problem very well but if you have to keep pacing time you make a "loop" execution logic: insert the login phase in the "Init" part of the script and the logoff option on the "End", copy the application flow in "Action" (that can be a series of "Actions"), load this script on the Controller scenario with 200 Vusers and then open the Runtime Settings window, where you have to set the iterations of the application flow for every user to 50. Whit this method, you haven't to use a FOR directive and all the settings are keeped. 

Lorenzo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi.

First you have to know how many logins you need in a time range (ex : 10 000 logins/hours). The users load means nothing if we don't know what a user is doing : does it make 1 login/hour or 200 ?

Then you can define the pacing (ex : 10 000 logins/hour for 200 VU --> 50 logins/h/VU --> pacing "start a new iteration at a fixed interval" = 72s ).

Don't add a FOR loop in Action, it's the same that put login in vuser_init and make 50 iterations. You must trap erros to understand the problem. for example you may find HTTP 503 if the load is too high for the infra.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for the informaiton. If I keep login transaction in Init,  the login transaction happening only starting of the run. But if I execute endurance test for 8hrs test still the login transaction happens only 1 time, but in the prod, frequent login/logut happens from a single user. Hence I add login transaction as well in the Action part but transactions other than login I kept with For loop of 50 iterations and each iteration added a think_time for individual transactions as well as at the end of each iteration  more Think_time [to resemble the pacing]. Is it not the right approach?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.