Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need some help regarding Mobile HTTP/HTML protocol in Load Runner 12.50

Hello All, 

Need some help regarding Mobile HTTP/HTML protocol in Load Runner 12.50.  

What am doing : Just wanted to record the scripts via proxy recording method,for Mobile HTTP/HTML protocol. 
My Vugen Machine and my mobile device is in same wifi network.Then I changed my Mobile wifi settings to manual and added my Vugen machine Ip address(IPv4 address of my laptop) to proxy server and changed the ports to 8282 (common ports)on both devices to capture the activities that I am doing on my device.  
Then I clicked 'next' to start recording but VUgen not capturing any transactions. 
I used google chrome browser for transactions in mobile (Nexus 9 Tab) and also tried deleting all cached files from mobile and laptop, unable to find any solution yet.  

The same above process I have tried in JMeter and its capturing all the activities fine. Could you guide me regarding this issue please. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Need some help regarding Mobile HTTP/HTML protocol in Load Runner 12.50

Hi Gaurav,

Try using Packet Capture software in mobile and check whether the application traffic is captured.

If captured, Take the .pcap file and  import to LoadRunner using Packet Analyser method in Mobile Protocol. 

Please let me know after trying the above method.

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Raghul,

Thanx for your reply.

But for that process we will need to have root access in device.

Any idea in proxy recording method will be helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Gaurav,

Add the LoadRunner Certificate(Available in LR\BIN\CERT) and also the security certificate for the application if any in  to your mobile certificate settings and do the same process which you have done

Regards,

Raghul M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Make sure you have the correct certificate installed on your mobile device and that the fingerprints on both proxy and mobile device match. Also check the ports match.
Otherwise you will not be able to capture the traffic.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.