Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

No Snapshots Available! time to learn a new fact about it

Snapshot view is the feature I use the MOST for my script dev and it can get really frustrating sometimes to not find your replay snapshots for no apparent reasons. I do understand that if you're hand coding the script, there isn't going to be any recorded snapshot but replay snapshot should only depend on the "Snapshot=" argument in action functions. It doesn't always.

I have a script with following structure (shown in figure) where the logic for execution is in the main action. It determines and then execute any one or two of the other named actions. For some reason, I don't see any snapshot for the named actions. All the code in vuser_init and Action can capture and display the snapshot but not the rest. The result folder contains the snapshot files captured but for some reason LR vugen doesn't display those. A big inconvenience.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: No Snapshots Available! time to learn a new fact about it

Hi

Just to be sure i understand the problen :

When you replay the script and 1 action call to other action you don't see the snapshop .

But if you replay the action via run logic the replay snapshot will display OK ? 

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

No it doesnt. No snapshot for replay at all for the invoked actions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi

Can send us any script that reproduce this issue .

Please send it by email via VuGen menu :

VuGen -> Help -> Send us your feedback

Regards

Oren

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.