Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not able to connect to any url, using Virtual User Generator. Need help !!!

Jump to solution

i am not able to connect to any URL, on my comapny laptop. I dont know, where to look, not sure weather the Firewall is blocking or anything else. Need help setting up.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Not able to connect to any url, using Virtual User Generator. Need help !!!

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is high probability it is related to the proxy settings. 

For TruClient script you should configure it from Run Time Settings > Browser Settings Tab > Proxy Selection section. I suggest choosing "User manual proxy server for your LAN" option and specify the proxy details

For Web (HTTP/HTML) script you should configure it from Run Time Settings > Proxy tab. I suggest choosing Use custom proxy option and specify the proxy details.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I assume you are able to navigate successfully using the browser outside VuGen context, right?

Which protocol do you use? 

Which version? 

Did you configure proxy settings in the run time settings?

Regards,

Shlomi

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

hi Shlomi,

IE version is 11.0.9600 and i have used web-HTTP/HTML & Trueclient web.

yes, everything is working fine outside the Vugen. I didnt configure proxy settings, how can i do that? Do you think is that the problem ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is high probability it is related to the proxy settings. 

For TruClient script you should configure it from Run Time Settings > Browser Settings Tab > Proxy Selection section. I suggest choosing "User manual proxy server for your LAN" option and specify the proxy details

For Web (HTTP/HTML) script you should configure it from Run Time Settings > Proxy tab. I suggest choosing Use custom proxy option and specify the proxy details.

Regards,

Shlomi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Looks like it worked but i am also getting this error(attached), i have checked their suggestion everything is fine, but still it not working properly. Attached the Screen Shot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Here are some of the troiubleshooting steps you should apply

1. Please disable all addons in the browser

2. Try using a different browser for recording (e.g. Chrome instead of IE)

3. Make sure you do not have any sniffer program running at the same time Web (HTTP/HTML) recorder is running.

4. Try using Proxy Recorder (http://lrhelp.saas.hpe.com/en/12.53/help/WebHelp/Content/VuGen/t_HowToRecordViaAProxy.htm)

Regards,

Shlomi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.