Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Not able to open LR Controller Version 12.55

I am able to open VuGen and Analysis but I am not able to open controller since couple of weeks.

Tried tor resolve in multiple ways:

1. Tried to run as administrator - didn't resolve

2. Uninstalled LR completely and re-installed again - didn't resolve

PFA for the error I am getting.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Not able to open LR Controller Version 12.55

Hi
Which os are you working on?
You say couple of weeks. Did it use to work and now it suddenly does not work? What has changed during this time? Perhaps your IT department installed a windows update that corrupted controller?
Thanks
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Lior,

Appreciated for your response.

There is nothing changed and I have been working Load Runner since long time but never had this issue before. I have another work machine there I am able to open Controller fine. Our IT Department didn't do any particular update as I know.

Don't know how to resolve this issue. Appreciated your inputs.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
So what is the difference between the machine that does work and the machine that does not work? Also, has the malfunctioning machine ever worked, or has it beem troublesome from the start?
Thanks
Lipr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Working machine has same OS and even version also same. LR version also same.

For your question Malfunctioning machine ever worked?

Ans : Yes it worked and I have been working since long time and dont know the reason why its not opening that too only Controller. Initially I thought Restarting the machine or Re install works, but no use as I mentioned earlier. 

One QQ when I reinstalled how come its still showing the same error? That means some thing is still stored somewhere relates to LR controller? Thats the reason giving the same error? No clue!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Ok, so now that we have all the details im convinced it is an environmental issue and not LR related. As the machine used to work before with the same version and now does not, and you have a duplicate of the machine that does work, it all points to something OS related that is affecting LRs proper functionality.
Try opening controller with process explorer perhaps, or (and this is what I'd do), redeploy the entire os and than install LR from scratcj. Make a fresh start 🙂
Good luck
Lior
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Could you please let me know how I can open controller with Process Explorer?

FYI I just downloaded the process explorer.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Vas,

Process explorer does not open Controller.

You can open controller and see what is happening in the OS using the information obtained from Process explorer.

Good Luck,

Lior

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi, 

I have the same issue with LR 12.55.

im not able to open Controller.

After repair and reinstall still not working.

Did anyone find out why and whats the solution for this?

Thank You.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi ,

Is there any other HP testing software istalled like UFT or QTP?? If no then you go through below steps and uninstall it and once uninstallation is done then do a hard restart of you machine. 

Step by step for a clean uninstallation of LoadRunner before upgrading or re-installation

1. Make sure that all running LoadRunner processes (including the Controller, VuGen, Analysis andthe LoadRunner Agent Process/Service) are not running.

2. Back up any existing scripts that may have been saved in the LoadRunner installation folder.(The scripts are sometimes saved in a "scripts" subdirectory under the LoadRunner installationfolder.)

3. Run the uninstall program from the LoadRunner / Service Test program group (or) use theWindows Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel. If any prompt is given about removingshared files, remove all the shared DLLs that are reported as they are no longer in use. In the veryrare instance this causes a problem for some other application it may be necessary to reinstall thatother application. This is not generally a problem because every application should have registeredwhich DLLs it needs to run.

4. Reboot the machine after the Uninstall wizard is complete. This will complete the basic uninstallprocedure.

5. Delete all LoadRunner folders (including the ones in the Startup menu for the Agent Process).

6. Do a search for the following files and remove them from all locations -- they will be replaced during the reinstall.
a. wlrun.*
b. vugen.*

7. Open the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit).

8. Delete the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MercuryInteractive
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mercury Interactive

9. Empty the Recycle Bin.?

10. Win+R key --> run aapdata ->select all and  Delete all. Content which are in use, please skip.

Now install a new Loadrunner after extracting it from zip file which was downloaded.

It will definitely work for you. Let me know your response.

Regards

shashi kant 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.