Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

OTP handling in vugen

Hi,

Hope you are doing fine.

We have an application which has OTP authentication in multiple things. OTP is sent to user's mobile number. We need to put this in monitoring. From application end nothing can be changed. Any suggestion of how to handle this with Vugen script so that monitoring can be deployed with BPM.

Best Regards

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Some applications do send the OTP through email also. If that can be done it is easy to read the mails from Vugen.

Or auto sync your messages to cloud and read those from cloud using Vugen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Jena,

Thank you for your feedback.

as you said it is easy to read the mails from Vugen. How i can do that? which protocol should i use? kindly highlight the steps.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

please tell me how can i send a parameter to a batch file from vugen?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

char command[1000];
sprintf(command,"C:\\Users\\XXX\\Desktop\\test.bat %s",lr_eval_string("{param}"));

system(command);
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Jena,

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate that.

Would you please tell me the steps / modifications to record OTP via emails.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

web mails should be fine with http protocol. So just script a simple flow e.g. login to webmail, go to inbox and read the 1st email. The otp message format is normally same only the otp changes. So just put a correlation to capture that dynamic text and reuse wherever you need.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Jena,

How do I correlate that value?

</div>|0|hiddenField|__EVENTTARGET||0|hiddenField|__EVENTARGUMENT||6928|hiddenField|__VIEWSTATE|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|8|hiddenField|__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR|6C77136A|0|asyncPostBackControlIDs|||0|postBackControlIDs|||220|updatePanelIDs||tdnn$TopMenu1$dnn$TopMenu1$aPnlGeneralPanel

Kindly help.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

which value you want to correlate in this? I was expecting there would be some phrase like "your one time password is XXXXX" to be present in the server response.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.