Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Oracle 2 Tier Application Crashes When Recording Script With VUGen

Hi.

I am trying to record a script for an Oracle Forms Desktop Application. After beginning the recording and completing some steps, the Oracle Forms Application closes by itself while VUGen continues to record. 

If I repeat this procedure without using VUGen, the application works correctly.

What could be the problem?

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Oracle 2 Tier Application Crashes When Recording Script With VUGen

Hello

First of all, I’d like to note that the initial description mixed two different Oracle’s protocols: “Oracle 2 Tier” and “Oracle Forms”. Title mentioned “Oracle 2Tier”, but the description says “Oracle Froms”. These protocols are dramatically different, each of them has a corresponding LR protocol: “Oracle 2T” and “Oracle - Web”.

So please check what exact Oracle protocol is used underneath, and use corresponding LR’s protocol.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Dmitry, thanks for the reply.

The application is bult in Oracle Forms with a 2  tier architecture. Maybe I am wrong, but the protocol advicsor from VuGen suggested Oracle 2 Tier. 

Anyway, I tried with both protocols you mentioned but the result was the same.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

LR’s Protocol Advisor works on basis some heuristics, it advises, but not guaranties that some exact protocols are definitely used underneath.

Most reliable way to choose right LR protocol for recording is to fund out it from your application. If it possible, please ask developers/support who produced your application what exact protocol is used and choose corresponding LR protocol.

Thanks, Dmitry

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.