ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Captain
Captain
1176 views

Oracle NCA Active Timer holding up script

Hello,

I am using VuGen 12.53 with Oracle NCA/Web HTTP protocols. The script I am using can successfully do a lot of Oracle steps, but when I try and go to this specific spot, it gets stuck. The Oracle software I am testing has a bunch of different "screens", and all of them work except for this one. I am doing a basic nca_button_press step but it is throwing these messages:
Action.c(28): Checking for active timers...
Action.c(28): An active timer is found - delaying the step.

The script never says that it is attempting the "nca_button_press" step, it just notifies me of the timer and it delays the step. I was able to do anything in this specific script, as long as it was not related to this "Screen". I even tried a brand new script and it will work for other areas, just not this one.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem similar to this. Any help or further troubleshooting steps would be great!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Captain
Captain

After more research, this problem was fixed by changing the NCA Timer Wait Mode in the default.cfg file, but only for Oracle 11i environment. I am using Oracle 12c, and I tried all 4 of the different settings (0,1,2,3), but none of them are helping. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a fix for it?

The original script(the script that worked back on Oracle 11) was recorded as a single protocol of Oracle NCA, whereas the rest of my scripts are multi - Oracle NCA and Web.

Thanks again.

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I'm experiencing the same issue with Oracle Forms version 12.  Did you get any solution to this problem?  I've also tried all 4 settings for NCATimerWaitMode, and sometimes the script will playback with it set to 0, but a lot of times the script will fail with the same active timer found message.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

I am getting exactly same issue when moved from 11g to 12c. Script was working fine before now suddenly i am getting :
Core_XXX_S07_ABC.c(821): No timers in queue -> nothing to schedule
Core_XXX_S07_ABC.c(821): Error: Error: ifError expired (5)
Core_XXX_S07_ABC.c(821): Error: C interpreter run time error: Core_XXX_S07_ABC.c(821): Error -- memory violation : Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION received.

 

(Oracle web protocol in Vugen 12.53)

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I am experiencing the same issue. Also tried different NcaTimerWaitMode settings.

Did anyone find a fix for this ?

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

I just increased the following under Runtime Settings > Client Emulation:

Socket Mode Timeout: 999

Max Tries: 999

Retry Interval: 9999

 

This worked for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.