Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Oracle NCA issue with loadrunner 12.02

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are trying to load test Oracle Apps R12 using LR 12.02. Protocol used is Oracle Web Apps 11i. We are able to script / correlate all the login part correctly. The oracle forms is launched successfully as well. The trouble comes when trying to open a form from the Oracle Navigator.

lr_start_transaction("switchresp");
nca_set_window("Navigator - CCI INV Superuser - COR");
nca_menu_select_item("N", "File;Switch Responsibility...");
nca_set_window("Responsibilities");
nca_lov_retrieve_items("Responsibilities", 1, 7);
nca_lov_select_item("Responsibilities", "CCI OM Superuser - COR");
lr_end_transaction("switchresp",LR_AUTO);
lr_start_transaction("Open Order Org");
nca_set_window("Navigator - CCI OM Superuser - COR");
nca_list_select_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0", "+ Orders, Returns");
nca_list_activate_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0", " Order Organizer");
nca_obj_mouse_dbl_click("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0", 86, 31, 0);
lr_end_transaction("Open Order Org",LR_AUTO);

In the above code, the switch responsibility works fine. the nca_set_window(navigator) also works fine. An error is returned when trying to perform the below 2 lines
nca_list_select_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0", "+ Orders, Returns");
nca_list_activate_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0", " Order Organizer");

The error says
Action.c(27): Error: nca_list_select_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0","+ Orders, Returns") failed, Window or object is not displayed.
The window currently in focus: "Navigator - CCI OM Superuser - COR".

I do not quite understand this error. We do need the navigator to be the current window for the nca_list_select_item or nca_list_activate_item to work. So why is this throwing an error? Anybody ever faced this issue?

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Finally resolved the issue:

For some reason my nca_connect_server statement was missing the record = names part even though I have the profile option setting done. 

I had to include it as shown below

nca_connect_server("{AppURL}", "443", "module=$FND_TOP/forms/US/FNDSCSGN fndnam=APPS record=names  config='ceiebsq' icx_ticket='.{ICX_TICKET}..

Thanks to all the folks who pitched in with recommendations. Talk about LoadRunner throwing very appropriate responses!!! 

(If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give kudos to the author for their assistance. Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

Your script trying to expand the orders in Navigator List. It may be alredy expanded for this user.

Login to the application using same user id and make Navigator list by default and run it. But you may get same issue while running again. better record again this part with out expanding any thing on navigator window.

or do compress and make it default in script itself by recording this portion you may get the new NCA function

nca_list_select_item("NAVIGATOR_LIST_0","+ Orders, Returns")

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..
I tried the collapse all button but still got the same error. Also i tried using the shortcut ctrl L to open the forms lov and tried selecting the enormous from that lov. Again it threw an error for the statement where ctrl L is used on the navigator list saying object not found. This is quite baffling!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Did you try oracle nca / html recording ... or are you just going for web 11i ... I always use the two previously mentioned.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Login part dint work with the nca + web protocols. So we used the web 11i protocol with URL method, And have been sticking with the same since. 

I guess I could try it with that as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Finally resolved the issue:

For some reason my nca_connect_server statement was missing the record = names part even though I have the profile option setting done. 

I had to include it as shown below

nca_connect_server("{AppURL}", "443", "module=$FND_TOP/forms/US/FNDSCSGN fndnam=APPS record=names  config='ceiebsq' icx_ticket='.{ICX_TICKET}..

Thanks to all the folks who pitched in with recommendations. Talk about LoadRunner throwing very appropriate responses!!! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.